Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 6'1" tall and weighs at 160 lbs, but I have a short draw lengths at 26 inches. Compared to my height, I have really really short arms... :cry:

So draw weight = 33 lbs , draw length = 26 inches.
Interest in Easton carbon/alloy shafts such as A/C/G.
I did tried the Easton shaft selector, but still can't find what I should get.

Just to let you know that I have...
Hoyt Horizon 25" Riser with Hoyt Grand Prix 720 Carbon 68" medium limbs and 14 strands dyneema bow string.

If there's anything more you want to know, then please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Are you gonna pull through a clicker or do you want a little longer arrow?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you gonna pull through a clicker or do you want a little longer arrow?
Pull through a clicker. I have a 0.025 Beiter Clicker on my recurve riser. I actually have couple arrows with 25 1/2 length (including 0.088 g nock) and it clicks when full draw.

·
Registered
438 Posts
If your looking at ACG's, I would look at the 880 spine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your looking at ACG's, I would look at the 880 spine.
I was looking at that too, but question is that ACG 880's stock length is at 29 1/2". Can I cut to 25 1/2" to fit onto my clicker? My concern is the spine. If I cut that long, then arrow will become stiffer. Am I right or wrong?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Your correct. But at your draw cutting to that length should work well for you. Wait for another openion or two then make a decision. But, that is the size I would try if it was me. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your correct. But at your draw cutting to that length should work well for you. Wait for another openion or two then make a decision. But, that is the size I would try if it was me. :)
About a month ago, I ordered a dozen of ACG 660 because I thought my draw length was at 28". ACG 660's stock length is at 30 3/4". So I cutted to 25 1/2" to fit on my clicker. I've cutted too long and couple arrows become too stiff. And those stiff 25 1/2" arrows don't fly straight forward to a target. It hits the target where I wanted to hit at 20 yards, but it wobbles A LOT!!!

This is a reason why I'm trying to get your and people's opinions how can I compensate or which arrows should I buy and cut them, so I will not fails again.

By the way, ACE break off 80~100grains point on my current ACG 660 arrows.

I don't want too stiff.

·
Registered
438 Posts
660 cut to your draw length is way to stiff for your draw weight. That is why your getting bad arrow flight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
660 cut to your draw length is way to stiff for your draw weight. That is why your getting bad arrow flight.
So do you think 880 cut to my draw length(25 1/2) will be okay for my draw weight(33lbs)?

Thanks for your replies by the way. I really appreciate!

·
Registered
438 Posts
That is what I think your best choice is. I would start with an 80 grain point and adjust from there. Once again, this is what I would do. Get another opinion to feel better about your decision because those arrows are expensive and you want to feel good about your decision. You could always start with less expensive arrows, like carbon 1's. If I was going to shoot a carbon 1, I would shoot the 900.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any other opinions? suggestions? recommendations?

Very Respectfully

1 - 11 of 11 Posts