Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone have any experience with this sight? It's the Impact Archery Cosmic.

I'm trying to adjust it so that when the needle is at it's lowest position, the sight will be at a certain yardage. Here's the problem... On the block that slides up and down (front part of sight), there is a pin that has a bushing on it that allows the lever to rotate when adjusted. It's on the other side...bad pic, I know. In order to get the sight where I want it to be, my only option is to move that pin to one of the other holes in that block. I've used every pair of pliers I own and I've scratched the thing up pretty bad...still won't come out. I'm hoping someone has messed with this sight before and knows of a trick to get that pin out. I'm starting to get p*ssed.

I'd take it to the shop, but I'd rather not wait in line for an hour and I'd feel kind of stupid LOL.

One more question...Will TAP or some other software make a sight tape that will fit on this sight...it's pretty small, about 2 inches long.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Are you ready !!!!

(1) take the allen screw out of the yardage thumb lever (9/64). (2) the arm should pull off now (3) if I'm correct,your talking about the 'pin with the white nylon piece over it',if so,pry the nylon piece off the pin,now take a par of vise grips and scweeze the pin together tight sp the little split close's up. (3)use something that won't mare the 'block' the pin is in, and tap on it while holding the vise grips,it should come out and when it does replace the pin where you want it,tap on top of the vise grips and it will fit back into the hole you choose. (4)replace the nylon piece,and if it does not set flush place a piece of wood on it and tap it down flush,it will also set the pin at the correct higth. (5-and the end--put other pieces back on and enjoy. AS FOR SIGHT TAPE---use what ever sticks and then trim off excess with a razor blade cutting it flush with all edges,place clear celphane tape over it (after you've made your sight marks) and your good to go. If you would prefere to talk this thru don't hesitate to call me and I'll guide you thru it on the phone,it'll have to be in the evening's,best time is after 8:00. Hope I was able to help. >>---Skip---> any problems while doing this e-mail [email protected]

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Impact

carpslayer:D
I dont have the same Model you have so I might not be of much help, but heere's what I did on my Omega XL. I had to flip the scope bracket over to get my adj needle toward the bottom. Couldn't get it as low as you want, but it is about a 1/4 of the way up from the bottom. Got my marks set from 20 yd to 60 yds and could get at least to 80 or 90 yds easy before I run out of adj.
The Omega XL has a no lock adj.
Probable not the answer you wanted, but dont worry about getting all the way to the bottom, unless you have a slow Bow :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Skip - That's the pin I was talking about. I'll try it that way. Thanks a lot! Wow, WebTV? Didn't know that was still around...had it a long time ago when it first came out. It was pretty nice being able to sit on the couch and surf on the bigscreen. :)

Mobuck - I did the same thing at first (flip the bracket) but it wouldn't get me where I wanted to be.

It's just a convenience thing...The whole reason for this is I like to be able to drop it to 20 yards with out looking at the pin/sight tape...just drop it all the way down and shoot.

I appreciate the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts