Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting my bow today that I just had set up and I was just fine tuning everything. My arrows from 30-40yards are hitting at an angle to the target. The fletchings are on the left and the arrow goes from the left to the right. (/)...thats what my arrow looks like from the top. What do I need to do to get them going straight?

·
Banned
35 Posts
Did you paper tune your arrows to your rest? I had the same problem when i put my bodoodle on, after a tune i was shooting square.

·
Registered
11,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I didnt paper tune. I never have and i'm not sure how to. Is there anything I can do to my rest to fix this or do I have to papertune? The rest is a cobra diamondback dropaway. Is it as easy as moving to the left or right?

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Paper tuneing would be the best bet. If you don't want to do that, just try moving your rest left or right to see if it fixes the problem. Obviously if you move it one way and the problem gets worse you moved it the wrong way. If you need help paper tuning, shoot me a PM and I'll help you out. Good luck this year.

·
Registered
435 Posts
man, all I can say is to jump in both feet. You will never learn how to paper tune or broadhead tune or walkback tune until you just go and do it. A week ago I had no idea how to tune my bow. Now, I have the draw stop timing and cam synchonized and could do it in my sleep!

If the arrow hits tail high, generally the nock is too high. if it hits tail right, you need to adjust the centershot of the rest. Move it in very small increments, very small, in one direction or the other until you see improvement. If you really want to do it right, bite the bullet and strip the fletchings off an arrow or two as that will amplify the problem, making it easier to diagnose.

I'm very much a rookie here but the likes of Deezlin and Javi here are the best teachers out there, they have helped me to the point that I got my bow shooting straight and I know just enough to be dangerous! Or at least confident I know at least a little about what we are talking about. I wouldn't have replied but I guess the pros aren't around right now!

·
Registered
11,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your relplies guys. I am at college for the week and wont be home till about 12:00am on Saturday morning. So I will have to get this problem solved before I get up around 4-4:30am to be in my stand!

·
Registered
231 Posts
LX,
Go to the Mathews website forum. Look for Vinces tuning guide.
Everything you need to know is there.

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts