Archery Talk Forum banner

Need Help

574 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  OneScrewLoose
Alright, I am new to this tuning and serious archery and I need advice. I am shooting a Bowtech SWAT at 68lbs and shooting Carbon Express Terminator Lite Selects with 100gr Magnus Stinger. I've paper tuned it to shooting a perfect hole with a bare shaft at 3, 6, and 10 yards. I went from that to shooting and comparing my broadheads to my field points to see where they hit. I can shoot a 1" group and 30 and 40 yards and my Stingers hit about 4" low and 2" to the right of my field points. What do I do next to get them to hit the same??? Just need some advice on what to do next!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Back Yard Champion
35,998 Posts
Bassman started, but stopped short. You tweak the nocking point and rest to blend bhs and fps together. Do one at a time.

· Registered
7,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I tried to moving my nock point and my rest and i got so that I could get them to hit level vertically, but I couldn't get them to come left no matter what I did, but I tried a new arrow, the Easton Full Metal Jacket, bought two at my local shop. They hit just a bit lower than the Carbon Express and the Stingers and field points hit pretty close. I am going to change arrows and try again. I think my problem may be with how I have the broadhead on the arrow. I have them built so that the main blade is vertical when the are on the bow. Is that how I want them??? I tried on with them level horizontally to the bow, and they flew pretty good.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
According to Easton when bhs hit right of fps your arrow is weak in spine. The new ones you got are probably stiffer and should work well. The old arrows can be stiffened by cutting an inch off. The broadheads may be drifting to the side if you shoot long distances in the wind. I think you are right when you change them so the main blade is horizontal..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.