Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D o.k. so i got my hoyt rintec xl!!!:thumbs_up I LOVE IT!!!:RockOn: i shot 10 targets on the range for practice, i scored a 8 up!!! on the 1st target i scored 2up! :cheer2: i need a little bit more info.:D :shade: i want to make sure i'm ready when the tournaments start. what is the best binoculars to buy? should i get 10x zoom or greater? and can you tell me what do most of you use to hold your bow while your on the range waiting for your turn, so your arm doesn't get tired??? thanks for all your advice, trust me i'm putting it all to good use.:banana:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
First of all congratulations on the great shooting!!:)

For binos. I would not go with anything over 8x if you plan on shooting any IBO tournaments. I am not sure about ASA....if you go to the webpage they will have the rules listed. I use Vortex sidewinders 8x42...they work great for 3D and indoor....very clear and bright!! The best thing about them is that the price is very reasonable. :wink:

If you want something that will keep your cam's out of the dirt and allows you to set your bow down then you can go with a pro-pod....you can buy one from Lancaster for aroud 24.00. If you would rather hold your bow then you could get either a bow sling or a hip-clip........good luck and I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
stuff

You will want all the stuff you can get. I thought I had it all figured out and then I went to Metropolis and shot in the big tourney, then I had to get more stuff. It's all about the stuff!!!! It is great fun though and you will love it.

Most of all HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
keep the info coming

thanks for all the imput.:thumbs_up :smile: i will check out those binoculars. we have friends that shoot pro in the ASA so i'll check with them about the range. and yes, i have already found out you have to keep getting stuff. but i love it anyway. hope to maybe see yall at some of the tournaments. :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts