Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I am a big guy looking for a very safe and easy to use and something i can set in all day tree climber stand. I have been looking in a cabela's book and seen the ol'man but i never used a tree climber before and i am nervous about useing one, need's to be able to hold 300+lb. Can another big guy or somebody help me to find a good easy and safe tree climber to use.:confused:

Thank you
Eugene

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have a Grand Ol'Man.It is rated for 400 lbs.You won't find a more comfortable climbing stand and it folds flat for packing. When I bought it I weighed 330 and never had any problems with it.It's solid on the tree.I have been well satisfied with mine.Summit makes a Goliath model rated for 350 that should be good also.but for the money you won't beat the Ol' Man IMO. Edders.com and Keystonecountrystore.com both have good prices on them too.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Summit Golitath. It is the most impressive climbing stand you will find, especialy for a large man. I am only 220lbs but it is rock solid, and so roomy it's unreal. I promise you will love it. Summit in my opinion makes the best tree stands on the market.

·
Registered
143 Posts
TimberTall Super Brute

The TimberTall Signature Series Super Brute is a sit & stand climber that is rated to 350 lbs yet weighs only about 17 lbs. I don't use one that large but I have sat from daylight til dark in TT's Legend (a smaller version) & have been very comfortable. You can check them out at TimberTallOutdoors.com Hope this helps, Vern

·
Banned
333 Posts
mathews#1

I own an api gs3500sws rated at #350 lbs verry verry easy sitting !!! you will love it :) :) TOOL...

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
5 shot said:
Summit Golitath. It is the most impressive climbing stand you will find, especialy for a large man. I am only 220lbs but it is rock solid, and so roomy it's unreal. I promise you will love it. Summit in my opinion makes the best tree stands on the market.
I'll second 5-shot on this stand.....I'm at 235 and the Goliath is as 5 put it "rock solid"........And don't forget that summit sends you a safety harness with your stand.....Great stand IMHO;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Summit Goliath!!!

I am 6-1, 330, and this thing is easy to use and feels like a champ sitting in it.

Worth every penny.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
SUMMIT

Another happy Summit "Goliath" owner here as well..........We got some "Big' uns" posting here don't we?

I'm 6'3" and about 250lbs........I have never felt safer in a treestand. I used to view climbing trees as something that was just necessary to get the job done. I now look forward to climbing with this stand , and feel at complete ease 22 ft up! Rock solid and COMFY.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
BuckShot is my favorite!

mathews1,

The BuckShot BigShot Mag is my favorite climber for big guys.
It's the most comfortable stand I've ever seen.
Even more comfortable than the Tree Lounge and Doc's Recliner!
Much more stable than either also.
I prefer stands that have the solid machined metal rails like found on the Tree Lounge, Doc's, and BuckShot that grip the tree.
No rubber or plastic coated coverings to wear out and no cables or chains to rust and weaken either.
You can get a free video by emailing BuckShot at their site.
Same with the Tree Lounge.
http://www.buckshot-stands.com

Sag.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have the API grand slam supreme magnum and love it also. Is comfortable and roomy. Only downside is heavier than the Summit. The Summit is also great. Either would be a good choice.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody for the info.I like to have a stand that has alot of room. See i hunt sometimes by my self and thats why i am asking about having a climber that is easy to use and to set up and very safe to use.sounds like to me alot of people like the summit or the ol'man. I saw a add that was posted here a long time ago about the API pins falling out, so not to sure on them do i have to worry about pins falling out and not finding them with the summit and ol'man climbers.

Thanks again for all your help

Eugene

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
I'm using a Koala Klimber by Non-Typical. I know it's rated for 275. Stands are tested for much higher weights and I've never had a problem. These stands are the best kept secret out there.

NT Stands

·
Registered
351 Posts
What don't you try a Tree Lounge. They rate like 400lb and are very, very, very comfortable.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
All of you have been very helpful, thanks

So far looks like alot of people like the summit Goliath, So right now it is going to be either the summit or the ol'man. So thanks to everybody, you all have been very helpful:D

Thanks again
Eugene

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
mathews#1 said:
Thanks everybody for the info.I like to have a stand that has alot of room. See i hunt sometimes by my self and thats why i am asking about having a climber that is easy to use and to set up and very safe to use.sounds like to me alot of people like the summit or the ol'man. I saw a add that was posted here a long time ago about the API pins falling out, so not to sure on them do i have to worry about pins falling out and not finding them with the summit and ol'man climbers.

Thanks again for all your help

Eugene
Nope, no pins on the Goliath,just nice solid welds,and haevy duty cables....;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Archer88 said:
What don't you try a Tree Lounge. They rate like 400lb and are very, very, very comfortable.
Last time I saw it posted treelounge was rated for280 lbs.I tried one out at a dealer and again at hunters expo.I weigh 235 and it sags down badly when I stand on the bowhunters adapter.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Ol Man

My buddy who runs an archery shop & sells , API, Ol' MAN & Summit is a healthy lad himself....He LOVES his Grand Ol' Man climber....He swears by it...& like I said he sells all the brands above.....I just ordered my new Ol' Man Multi Vision & I have to pick it up at the end of the week ,,,, I think they make it in a larger size to but not sure of the weight limits on it....The regular Multi Vision that I got it rated to like 250lbs. but I'm just a pup at around 225lbs..... LOL.... But I'd be willing to bet that my buddy who runs the shop is hitting around the 300lbs mark & he has had no trouble with his setup...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts