Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is moving and he ask me if I wanted a couple of old bows. He was going to throw them away if I did not take them, I could not let him throw them away.
I would like to know if anyone can help me identify one of the bows. The bow was sprayed with camo paint so I could not get info off the limbs. But I was able to read a sticker that was taped over when painted. It read Made in USA Mirage 50# peak wt. Draw length 31" string length 41". Serail number HR17785. Can anyone tell me who made this bow.

The other bow is a PSE Precision Edge Series 1000c. Can anyone tell me how old this bow is.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Browning does make a Mirage, but I think their Mirage came out for the first time about 5 years ago. If it is as old as you say, it may be from a different company.

·
Registered
241 Posts
mirage

The Browning Mirage series was actually first introduced in 1989(Mirage Reflex Hunter). The first offerings were steel cable with teardrops. If the string length is listed as 41", this would be the only option as far as the Mirage series is concerned since the string lengths for the following bows with fast flight strings were 58+ inches. One possibility.....

·
Registered
899 Posts
Post a picture of the bows if possible. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that could identify it if they see what it looks like (even if everything is painted over).

The only Mirage I'm familiar with is the old Browning.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
LOL

MKD,

You should have thrown them out.....

Just kidding ya.....Can you post a Picture ???....I know if I see a pic I can tell you what thay are.

jp

·
Registered
26 Posts
For the PSE bow you can contact PSE and they can help there or you can post something on the PSE message board (accessable through the PSE webpage). They are a great bunch of people and will bend over backwards to help.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your time and responses. I do not have a digital camera so I will have to ask my niece to take the pictures. Then I will have to figure out how to post them.

I will post a picture aas soon as I can.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
KSRio said:
In the early 80's I shot a Ben Pearson Mirage. If its an old "two-wheeler" thats probably it.
It is a two wheeler

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
File to Big

I am trying to post a picture and it tells me the file is to big. Can someone help me get this picture posted.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts