Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying either a PSE Nxt 31 or Mach1. No shops around have them. For those that have shot both, which is smoother on the draw? Which seems to be more dead? (I know the carbon is lighter which will probably cause more vibe)

Just looking for some input. Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looking at buying either a PSE Nxt 31 or Mach1. No shops around have them. For those that have shot both, which is smoother on the draw? Which seems to be more dead? (I know the carbon is lighter which will probably cause more vibe)

Just looking for some input. Thanks
I recently bought a Mach 1 second hand. I haven't shot the Nxt, but I can comment on the Mach 1. It has a very nice feeling draw cycle with linear feeling force through the first three quarters of the pull with a slight increase in the last quarter. Solid wall and not at all jumpy. The cams are fairly moderately shaped so none of this is too surprising. The lightness and rigidity of the carbon does not suppress vibration as well as some other bows I have shot. However, the weight savings mean you can put your own dampers on the bow to quiet it down and make it plenty shootable. Carbon feels like the future for bows.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently bought a Mach 1 second hand. I haven't shot the Nxt, but I can comment on the Mach 1. It has a very nice feeling draw cycle with linear feeling force through the first three quarters of the pull with a slight increase in the last quarter. Solid wall and not at all jumpy. The cams are fairly moderately shaped so none of this is too surprising. The lightness and rigidity of the carbon does not suppress vibration as well as some other bows I have shot. However, the weight savings mean you can put your own dampers on the bow to quiet it down and make it plenty shootable. Carbon feels like the future for bows.
I had a 33 and really liked it. What's your draw length?

Forgot to mention I'm a 28 or 28.5 draw

·
Registered
51,133 Posts
Like always your asking a question only you can answer, as you already know. My personal point you can't go wrong either way. Best idea, buy both LOL.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like always your asking a question only you can answer, as you already know. My personal point you can't go wrong either way. Best idea, buy both LOL.
I've heard mixed reviews about the draw on the Mach 1. I don't see how it could be much different than the other 2. Everyone says it's still smooth but has a noticeable hump and dump

·
Registered
51,133 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews about the draw on the Mach 1. I don't see how it could be much different than the other 2. Everyone says it's still smooth but has a noticeable hump and dump
Who is everyone? Is everyone's opinion the same as your's. Archery is personal, what you like and what I like can be a million miles apart. Does it make it it right or wrong, no, just your personal opinion. I personally like the draw from start to finish.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who is everyone? Is everyone's opinion the same as your's. Archery is personal, what you like and what I like can be a million miles apart. Does it make it it right or wrong, no, just your personal opinion. I personally like the draw from start to finish.
I mean if there were a shop within 100 miles that had one I'd go shoot it myself. This post was just asking for people that have shot them to give their input

1 - 8 of 8 Posts