Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooting the Axis Nano ST 400 arrows with the nocks that come on the preassembled arrows. They seem way tight for my string (Mathews Factory String on a DXT), I want to get some that have a larger opening. Need advise on what to get. BYW I have already tried the boiling water trick and I can't get them hot enough to expand. I know this affects accuracy.

Thanks in advancefor your help

· Registered
950 Posts
Best bet is to reserve the string. Serve about an inch and check for nock fit until you get what you are looking for. Just my opinion. Remember, sooner or later you are going to have to replace a worn or broken nock and it is a lot easier to use them as manufactured. Also, too tight a fit on the string (nock ears spread) can lead to early failure and a potential near dry fire when the nock breaks. Your pro shop probably has several diameters of serving thread available, or there are folks on here that will sell what you need. Good luck.

· Lift, Run, Shoot
15,063 Posts
Wrong

You should not have to change out your serving.

Get a good nock. Buy Beiter nocks for the arrows. They are, without question, the best aftermarket nocks available and I can assure you they'll fit your serving just fine (and come off the string much cleaner). Beiter is all I shoot.

What nock does your arrow use? I'm not sure what the Axis "nano ST" is - same thing as the "n-fused" axis ST? If so, I think it takes an X nock. The X nock is the worst nock Easton makes (g-nock is the best IMO). The X nock grips the string WAY too tight. I just picked up some ACC Pro Hunting arrows and they take the X nock. I replaced them with Beiter insert nocks. (If is not the X nock find out which one it is and get a Beiter replacement - they make nocks to replace all the easton nocks....and many others)

Call Lancaster Archery and order some Beiter insert nocks in size 5,19 (I believe it is) - verify with them that this is the correct size but I'm pretty positive it is. When I first called they didn't think Beiter made a replacement for the X-nock but the guy went out into the shop and tried a bunch to find out and called me back (that's customer service for you!). Anyway, we found out that the 5,19 size fits perfectly. Switch to these nocks and you'll never go back to stock nocks.....trust me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.