Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freind of mine recently purchased a bow from here on Archery Talk. It was advertised as a 60-70lb Mathews LX with new strings. The bow only maxs out at 64lbs with the limbs tightened fully and all measurements right on (ATA and BH). What could the problem be? I haven't pulled off the limbs yet?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish!

I'm a bit of a "tunaholic" so checking Mathews for proper cam rotation is one of the first things I do (can sometimes be a bit of a balancing act getting A to A, BH and cam rotation all in sync). But thanks for the advice.

I'm just wondering (can't imagine it would) but if the string/cable was too old would it allow for all three of the above to be within specs but still not give you the correct non static reading (drawn bow)? I know...crazy question but I'm really trying to see a light at the end of the tunnel here. I really hate to think that my buddy got cheated on his first and only AT transaction. I've had good luck with all of mine so far. Sure hope the seller has the character to make this right.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
A freind of mine recently purchased a bow from here on Archery Talk. It was advertised as a 60-70lb Mathews LX with new strings. The bow only maxs out at 64lbs with the limbs tightened fully and all measurements right on (ATA and BH). What could the problem be? I haven't pulled off the limbs yet?
Is the draw length correct?

·
Registered
484 Posts
that is typical

for the LX as far as what I know. What I mean is, I bought an LX about 4 years ago and the most poundage I could get out of it was 67 and everything was right on according to specs. I brought it back to where I purchased the bow and they checked it out and agreed that it was too far from 70 to be acceptable so Mathews sent me new limbs and I still got only 68 pounds out of those limbs. Come to find out after some research that this was a common characteristic of this bow at that time. I dont think your buddy got cheated, just that that is the way the LXs run.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
I know someone that had the same thing happen to him. They were actually 60# limbs with the cables twisted more than normal. The dude was trying to pull a fast one. :noidea:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts