Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to person or persons unknown deciding to borrow my Hoyt Protec (via the back window of my pickup) I am now in the market for a new 3-D/ hunting bow. The Hoyt was fast, but I was never completely comfortable with it. So I would like to try something different. I've been shooting a Martin Razor X for the past year for indoor dots. It has the long limbs (45" ATA) and nitrous cams. Its very comfortable and accurate for me. Its also very slow. My question is, would a Razor X with the 16" straight limbs and nitrous cams at 60 to 65 pounds, 29" draw length, and an arrow weighting 5 to 6 grains per inch shoot 280 fps or better. I am a finger shooter and would like to stay around 40" ATA.

·
Registered
972 Posts
the straight limb razor should def. be faster. My hunting bow is a straight limb razor with A cams at 29.25 ish draw length at around 68 lbs, shooting a 380 grain acc. I don't know the speed but I will crono it tommarow for ya. I can't see how at 5 grains per inch you wouldn't be able to get 280. I'll let you know tommarow night late.

Jason W.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts