Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get new bow. I've shot them and just can't decide. They all have their strong points. The 4 bows are PSE X-Force 6, PSE X-Force SS, Hoyt Katera, and Mathews DXT. My stats are 26" draw and I shoot 60 pounds. Bow will be used for bowhunting from treestands, and some 3D. I know these bows strong points, anybody have any negative comments about any of these bows, problems you've encountered with them.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Which one has the grip that fits you best, that would be my recondation without being partial, but I would go with the Katera, SS or X force in no particular order with the short draw length its only an extra 10 fps minumum over the DXT but hey every little bit helps.

what do you feel are each bows strong points and week points?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really don't care for the PSE grip, I like the Hoyt grip though. Mathews grip also not a favorite of mine. Another bow I'm going to be shooting this weekend is the Bowtech General...I'm really looking forward to shooting this bow, I've never owned a Bowtech but what I've read about them I like. The General isn't a super fast bow but as far as I can see that's the only drawback to it. Going to be ordering the bow this Sat. so I'd appreciate any comments/feedback on any of the bows I've mentioned.

·
Banned
73 Posts
shoot/consider an elite or bowtech? GTO and 82nd were nice to me, but everyone's different......

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,364 Posts
The DXT will be perfect for treestand hunting and with your DL of 26" it will fit you great as longer DL shooters don't like the severe string angle but yours is about perfect. Not sure on 3D though, I like a little longer bow myself as it feels a little more stable, I am sure you could play around and make it work great too.

You have some great choices, hard to make the decision for you, what felt the best in your hand?
Remember you can buy a grip and change it as most do that. Sad to pay that kind of coin and have to do it but its just part of archery! Myself I like my factory grip.

Do you have a 3D league around your area where you can go, hope to see guys with these bows and ask questions and get feedback? If so that may make the choice easier.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have not shot the other bows so cannot comment. I shot and fell in love with the DXT. Its a great shooting bow perfect for hunting applications. i am currently using it for 3d and not doing to bad but if you wanting a bow more for 3d i would go with something with a little longer ata.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Its all about what bow fits you best, because if its not comfortable then you will never be consistant and enjoy shooting. I shoot a 27 inch draw lenght and I have an 06 bowtech tribute for hunting and an 07 tribute for 3d. For me, its the most comfortable bow out there. It draws nice, good let off, solid wall, no hand shock and its farely fast. And its only 31.5 axle to axle.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I do not think you will go wrong with any of your choices, all of these bows are from great companies. Personally I like the Katera, but I am very impressed with the X series bows. With a shorter draw lenght I would lean towards the Katera or X-force myself, but I really think there is no wrong choice here, pick the one YOU like.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
i also think all of your choices are good. its tough with so many great bows on the market these days. but hope you enjoy your new bow, whatever one you decide on. have fun flinging arrows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts