Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there enough room in the Badlands Ultra-Day for your hunting essentials that you would take on a 1/2 day or full day deer hunt plus an extra jacket as well as a small video camera and tree camera arm? If not the ULtra-Day what other pack would you recommend for that type hunt? I dont need anything to big. I'm open to any brand as well

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have the Ultra Day and I really like pack lots of room calls, range finder, extra hats and gloves as well as scents and items that I carry incase I were to ever get lost. I use the bed roll wraps to attach my jacket and safety vest for carrying into the stand. It is a good bit of room that being said with wanting to take a camera and a camera arm for the price difference you may want to look into the Super Day just to sure you have the added room. I'm sure others on here can tell you more about that particular pack.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I use the old style hypervent and have lots of room for everything . I'm not shure what pack would be closest to it , in size, now. It's a great pack, and i've had it for about 5 years now, with no problems. Should have room for everything, and the camera arm would strap to the outside . Badlands packs will haul the weight with no problems as well. I've had about 100# in and strapped to my hypervent. Great pack.

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
the Ultraday is a nice pack. It lacks pockets which can get annoying in the whitetail woods if you carry a bunch of stuff (calls, gloves, back up release, food, scents). It gets cluttered really quick.

The Superday is bigger but has somewhat of the same issue.

The Monster was one of the nicer day packs I ever used in the whitetail woods. But, it just didnt have the room for packing extra clothes. One advantage was with less room...you take less useless crap in the woods.

The Whitetail Hybrid pack has been the best option for me so far. It has a few to many useless pockets but all in all...it does very well for what I use it for. Room for extra clothes, pockets for all types of crap, and it stays somewhat organized.

hope this helps

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
You might take a look at the Black Creeks packs as well. Very nice products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts