Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My neighbor wants to make a 3d target base so he does not have to keep sticking pegs in the ground. I thought I saw a couple pics on the board of some homemade ones (one with wheels and one with birch logs), but I can not seem to find them. Anyone able to help out?

·
Registered
829 Posts
hope this is what you are looking for

Shaman said:
My neighbor wants to make a 3d target base so he does not have to keep sticking pegs in the ground. I thought I saw a couple pics on the board of some homemade ones (one with wheels and one with birch logs), but I can not seem to find them. Anyone able to help out?
kept these photo's when first shown on A/T going to build them for are club,not gotten around to it yet
hope it helps

Attachments

·
Registered
710 Posts
These are the ones we make and sell at the shop....

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting.
I was thinking, and remembering, low tech.. with logs.
But the PVC pipe and garden wheels is a nice easy set-up.

See if I can get it done before Dad gets back from Elk hunting in Co.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
booner said:
How are you attaching the target to the stands?
The 3d Deer has 2 bars that normally would be poked into the ground and then the deer sets on the poles with a metal sleeve.

With the logs what I saw was a center log crossed by two logs.
The cross and center logs were notched out 'lincoln log' style and I could not tell how they were held together (nuts/bolts or Nails/spikes).

From what I could see they then drilled holes into the center log to place the bars, just like you would put them into the ground.

I can not see quite how they did it with the PVC set-up above.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
I drilled a hole into the PVC just big enough for a 12" piece of rebar to fit snug , the hole is only drilled thru one side onf the PVC not all the way thru .

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I use two left over pieces of 2 foot long 4x4 lumber from my deck, screwed a 2x4 on top of them to form an "H". drilled a hole in the top of each 4x4 the diameter of the rebar and hammered in the rebar. Slide the target on and off just like the rebar was in the ground. Use it to shoot in my basement.

Cost all of about 3 bucks for the rebar, which is the only thing that I didnot have at the time.

I'll try to post a pic.

J-

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jjc155 said:
Cost all of about 3 bucks for the rebar, which is the only thing that I didnot have at the time.
I got the bars. Now to scavage up some 4x4 or PVC.. hehe.

:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts