Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone
Well I have quite the story to tell.
I am crying as I write, because this means more than anything, Id give everything I have to fix this!
This story starts about 3 years ago, my father and I meet a man, Jim Hancock through, our freind.
Jim, and us instantly hit it off, he has hunted for 40 years and killed 46 elk, 10 in Idaho. He use to be a alcholic, but beat the bottle, and raised 3 great kids!
We went hunting that year, and go to know everyone so very well, we met Jims family, and freinds. What a truly amazing man!
We hunted with Jim and his son Jimmy, who seemed like a great kid, a shadow of his father. We also met his great wife, of 28 years, Dianne, super sweet lady! Although we were unsucessful, if you were to ask any party, if would have been the most sucessful trip, any of us had taken part in.
The last evening of the hunt a young man (24-26) was at Jims house, and had a short talk with Jim, handed him $1000 and left, Jim siply said "He just had a baby, and last month beat them up, so I helped him."
:rolleyes: What an amazing person.
I remember vividly a hunt that week, where we went up into the Stawberry Mountains, and sat utop Deadhorse Mountain, looking over Gods great creation, talking about God, and all other great things in our life. That day was one that I can say, I will never forget, Jim, my father, and myself, spent the best time afeild, anyone could ever pray for!

The following year, 2004, we again met with Jim to spend a week and a half hunting with him. We again chased elk all week, he missed once, but it didnt matter, we were having some fun! :wink:
The last day of the hunt we got into a herd, and I smoked a cow. You wouldnt have been able to tell whether Jim or my father was more happy for my first elk. We spent the evening sipping pops, and just talking about how blessed we are to have become friends!
We lefted, two years into a freindship, with "I love ya mans" and hugs.......

In 2005 we came again, with hugs on Jims doorstep in Gods country, but the happiness didnt last. Jim, pulled my father aside (my father is a cop, who at the time, was working narcotics), and discussed Jimmy. Jimmy had gotten into Meth. Jim, who was Jimmys best friend, had made the discovery, and instead of them going hunting together that Fall, Jim spent it worrying about whether Jimmy was alive or not. Jim was working that week, so we didnt spend much time together, but that last day he came up, and as my parents loaded, Jim and I went out for one last go.
Guess what, we come back, cow in the back! How awesome!
Once again, we left with the same I love yous, and even more emotional hugs.

While this time of year I couldnt be more excited to go see BIG JIM, as we call him........ I even talked to him 5 days ago
........Today the bomb was dropped on me;
Heres the story behind the story;
Well since 5 days ago, when Jim had finally gone hunting with Jimmy for the first time, Jimmy said he was clean, and Jim couldnt have been more elated!
Jim even appologized, for Jimmy getting into, which he had no part in!
They left in good spirits.....
....well two days ago Big Jim went over to Jimmy's house to suprise him, and take him hunting for the evening, to find Jimmy higher than a kite, and his house filled with smoke.
Big Jim stormed away, not knowing what direction to go.
Being a past alcholic the only thing Jim could think to do was go to the liqour store, and get a pint. Well another thing, was that Jim is a fixer, and tries to help everbody, so that really got to depressing him. Well, to everyones suprise, since the beginning of that week, Jim had not taken his Anit-depressents (sp) and the whole ordeal had thrown him for a loop.
That night he went home, and put a gun into his mouth and told Dianne he was DONE, he couldnt take it, but he finally gave up. Dianne called the police, and they picked him up, just for his safety, well yesterday, they let him out, and he went home, packed his bags, and told his wife of 31 years, that he couldnt take it, and wanted a divorce. (keep in mind, he isnt thinking properly) He took 1000 out at the local bank, and left, at 230 yesterday, they havent seen him since.
This man meens everything to our family, and alot to me!
He hasnt been seen what so ever, and is in a;
2004 Ford F250 four door, with canopy, and a Oregon Ducks sticker on the back window.
Please let me, and your local police department know if you have seen him.
He might go to Washington, as that is where his cousin is, but he isnt coming to Bend, because we live here, and he has other people he knows here.....cops.
This man was living what we all wanted to live up to, and his son, HIS SON, sent the world crashing down on him.
Please keep Big Jim Hancock in your prayers, this man is the WORLD to alot of people!
Thanks & GodSpeed to all my bloodbros!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'll be praying for Jim and his family. Sorry to hear things took a turn for the worse. :sad:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hope everything works out for the best. We'll keep him and his family in our prayers and thoughts.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guys, my mom said, if anything ever happens to my father, because of his work, shed send me to live with Jim and live there, thats how much he means to us!

·
Anointed Arrows
1,088 Posts
Prayers for Big Jim Hancock

Father God, Holy is Your Name,
We come in agreement to beseech You on behalf of Big Jim Hancock and his son Jimmy, to bring them both into the reconciling love of Jesus Christ. Heal the brokeness, wipe away the disappointments, restore the joy of fellowship. Point Big Jim in the direction of one of your anointed saints, that would speak the Word of God into his life and effect salvation, deliverance and healing. We pray an angelic hedge of protection around their lives that until restoration and reconciliation take place, they will be safe from any hurt, harm or danger. We rebuke the demonic forces that are trying to destroy their lives and cast them into the very pits of hell, in the matchless and mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank guys, Ill keep all of you posted!
As of now I am praying that, even if the "bottle" is present that he will consider how much he means to his freinds, childeren, wife, grandchilderen, and great grandchilderen.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Prayers sent

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
peace said:
We come in agreement to beseech You on behalf of Big Jim Hancock and his son Jimmy, to bring them both into the reconciling love of Jesus Christ. Heal the brokeness, wipe away the disappointments, restore the joy of fellowship. Point Big Jim in the direction of one of your anointed saints, that would speak the Word of God into his life and effect salvation, deliverance and healing. We pray an angelic hedge of protection around their lives that until restoration and reconciliation take place, they will be safe from any hurt, harm or danger. We rebuke the demonic forces that are trying to destroy their lives and cast them into the very pits of hell, in the matchless and mighty name of Jesus. Amen.
Amen!

Hang in there Bigbull ... God has been known to work in mysterious ways - even if it's not the way we want things to work out sometimes.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
peace said:
YES LORD and AMEN!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Prayers sent from WV

For Jim, his family and friends.

Jim

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
prayers are on the way,God's will be done,and always have faith,God in his wisdom will work things out!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts