Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hunted my grandfather's farm in MN since I was a little kid and this is the first year we broke ground on 3 deer dedicated food plants. My grandfather is 85 years old and has thoroughly enjoyed discussing the various plots and pulling out his equipment to spray, plow, till, fertilize, and drag. He did an incredible job with the preparation and I wouldn't expect anything less from a perfectionist old timer. Living in FL, my plan was to fund everything and then be up there to seed and do some stand maintenance the weekend of 4th of July. With this COVID mess going on and not trying to get my grandfather sick, we decided it was best if I would stay away. Looked like there was supposed to be rain in the forecast Saturday through Thursday, so my uncle and grandfather spread the seed on Friday. Weatherman has let me down and only about 20 minutes of very light rain since they planted. Not sure what the effects are going to be but sure could use a heavy downpour today!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Where at in MN? Its been dry in my area 50 miles north of mpls in Harris. Its been a hit and miss with rain in the state.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Miltona. About 150 miles northwest of Minneapolis. Alexandria is about 20 minutes south of his property.

Talked to him this morning and he said the skies couldn't be any clearer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got a call and my grandpa said he got about 1/2 inch of rain in the middle of the night. Better than none! Looks like he is supposed to get more tonight...fingers crossed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts