Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been shooting a compound with a finger release since I started shooting a year ago. The reason I wanted to shoot fingers is that ultimately I want to switch to shooting FITA recurve (when I have the cash and the time to dedicate myself to it properly).

ANYWAY- I seem to remember someone here saying that if one is going to switch between recurve and compound, a BT release for compound will make the transition better (couldn't find the old thread).

So I'm thinking I might switch to a release. Maybe. I don't know. (OK so I'm waffling).

Question 1.
Would switching to a BT release help or hurt my aspirations to someday shoot FITA recurve?

Question 2.
What is a decent BT release for a beginner with a small budget ($30-$50)? (Or for that matter, anyone have a used one for sale?)

Thanks y'all!
-Walkman

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

why so quiet?

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I don't think it would hurt your chances of switching to a recurve, as long as you maintain your ability to hold the higher weight required with the recurve. The proper release shooting with your fingers should be well simulated by the BT release. I did sell one to a finger shooter who trained with it to get the feeling of the surprise release.
A good starter release would be the new Zenith X-Cel, a machined 3 finger true BT release which sells for $60 in silver or black. www.zenitharchery.com.

·
Registered
788 Posts
the zenith would be a good one to start with,i got the no punch kit.that way i was able to practise and make mistakes first of all with the practice cam,and not have to worry about the arrow flying of.as all you get is a click instead of the arrow being released.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts