Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been thinking for a while that i want to try one of these style releases...anyone have any ideas on one that is a good starter release like this....i really know nothing about them but hear guys talk great about them a lot on here and thought i might try one but dont want to spend a ton on one

·
crossbows are archery :)
7,056 Posts
Well I can help with this one.

I have tried Tru fire 3-d hunter, Truballs, Carter just cuz +.

The old addage "you get what ya pay for" was never truer. The Carter was more $$$. The trigger was clean,crisp! The others were ok but don't come close to the Carter.

If ya buy a Carter and ya don't like it. It will sell fast here on AT.

Koz

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
last year I did just what you are now. I can't tell you which one you'll like the most or will shoot the best but i have found that if you have smaller hands you will definitely want a smaller release.

·
Registered
7,439 Posts
If your going to try to switch, I buy a Carter or a Stan. If you decide you dont like it, you can sell it and get most of your money back.

·
Registered
579 Posts
dont hesitate to try a fletcher ''jimi t'' love this release

·
Registered
23,619 Posts
I am a big fan of the TRU Ball offerings...I use an ST360, but will be upgrading to a Boss X and ST360X soon

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried Tru fire 3-d hunter, Truballs, Carter just cuz +.

The old addage "you get what ya pay for" was never truer. The Carter was more $$$. The trigger was clean,crisp! The others were ok but don't come close to the Carter.

If ya buy a Carter and ya don't like it. It will sell fast here on AT.

Koz
i do understand that by all means but wow the price on some of the Carters would keep me away from them just due to the price...they are really high....dont want to invest in that much for a release and not know if i am gonna like it or be able to shoot it well.....jsut looking for something in the entry level line up really to see if i like them then i can move up if so

·
I Got Serious!
3,332 Posts
Try the Spott Hogg Friday Night Delight, and if you like it than you can go for a Stan or Carter. I would buy a used one just to see if it's for you.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
My advice for what its worth is bite the bullet and by a carter tighten down the trigger and shoot it using back tension,improved my shooting big time

1 - 9 of 9 Posts