Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Speed Thrills and Kills
4,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i would put this in here as well....i put it in the bowhunting section but thought i would put it here as well......been thinking for a while that i want to try one of these style releases...anyone have any ideas on one that is a good starter release like this....i really know nothing about them but hear guys talk great about them a lot on here and thought i might try one but dont want to spend a ton on one....some have suggested a carter or stan which would be fine but thats a little out of my price right now and especially since im not sure if ill like it or not so wanted to get some ideas on some cheaper ones...i know the old saying you get what you pay for. but need something that dosent cost a lot at first to see if i like it then i can upgrade......and wanting it for hunting so dont really want some shiney crome one

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Agreed. Tru Ball Pro Diamond, or Pro Diamond Extreme if you need it to be a bit shorter. I love mine. The handle releases that have a cocking lever make noise. The Pro Diamond is silent. Of course for target, the noise doesn't matter. You may not hear the noise over the bow's noise, but I didn't want to take a chance. The Pro Diamond is easy to learn to use, but if you want to go farther and master any back tension aspects of it, that'll take a while.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Earlier this year I was in the same spot you are now in. I didn't know what to buy and didn't want to spend much. On the recommendation of a Pro I surpriseingly ended up with a Carter Evolution for $175 which was way more then I wanted to pay. Well - it was money well spent. It's helped with my target panic and shooting form and is user friendly with the safety. I also feel that it has good resale value if for some reason I want to change later on. Hopes this helps you.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Dig a little deep in your wallet and get a Stan ShootOff. The best release on the market IMO. Very adjustable and crisp. You can get them here in the classifieds at a good price.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Stan shootoff or SX2

great release, CRISP is the word that comes to mind

·
Registered
425 Posts
Tru-Ball Pro Diamond is the way to go if your just wanting to try it out.. I use it as my primary hunting release..

I have a few of them. If your interested i would make you a good deal on one.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I was in your same boat...I decided to try a pro diamond because I figured it was a decent price and if I didn't like it I wouldn't take a big of a hit. I bought it back in Feb and I love it. haven't touched my trigger release since. I'd like to try a different release now that I know that I like the concept but for the price it's worth it if you're on the fence IMO

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I was in your same boat...I decided to try a pro diamond because I figured it was a decent price and if I didn't like it I wouldn't take a big of a hit. I bought it back in Feb and I love it. haven't touched my trigger release since. I'd like to try a different release now that I know that I like the concept but for the price it's worth it if you're on the fence IMO
I put my trigger release back on a few days ago and really didn't like it any more. I loved it before I started using the Pro Diamond. The Pro Diamond has jaws instead of a hook so you can clip it on your loop and let it hang there while you're waiting in your treestand. Ready to pull and fire. They're about $89 new and less than that used in the AT classifieds.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts