Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Miller Time
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help!
Guys I have a problem. :( I'm wanting to get more serious about 3-D but still want a set-up that will be good for bowhunting. I mean I want a good set-up that applys to both. I have some things figured out but need some advise about others. I going to go with a Hoyt ProTec, Doinker 10" multi-bar with a 3" Cubby offset, and Easton Fatboys and then hunt with my Easton Axis. I quess what I need help with is deciding what sight and what rest. I was looking at another Toxonics K-9 Five but with the 3x lens and sticking with the Ultra Rest Pro. If it helps I was probably going to shoot in the Hunter or Bow Novice Class(ASA) but mainly just in the open class at all the none sanctioned shoots.

·
Registered
193 Posts
:) :) :) bowman69

From what I see you are setting up I would only use it for the 3D and for hunting. I think you would have too many problems with shooting a scope that has 3x power. If you are going to shoot the Novis class and you want to use the same equipment for hunting it would be better for you to use a pin sight system. If you do stick with a quality like the Spot-Hogg Hogg-It or something of that quality. There are other pin sights on the market that are close but I have that on my hunting bow and man will it take a beating. Now the rest for hunting I use the Muzzy Drop Away, and I trim off some of the tip, just enough to make sure the arrow stays on the rest while walking thru the woods. Now for my 3D bow I use a Sure Lock rail with a 4x scope and a Trophy Taker Drop Away rest. The system works great, but like anything it's what you like and not others. Pick something that you feel comfortable shooting and practice practice practice. :) :) :)

·
Miller Time
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A little more clear

I quess I should have made myself a little more clear. I'm wanting to buy a new set-up I already have a good hunting set-up with my X-tec and I've been shooting 3-D for about a year and half but I'm getting more fond of it and am going to buy another bow (Hoyt Protec) and just need a little advise as what sight and rest to get that would be suitable for both hunting and 3-D.

·
Registered
756 Posts
If your wanting to shoot Novice class, get the Copper John dead Nuts Pro 3 with the .019 pins, then buy you some .029 pins to switch out for hunting season, as far as rests, I have a Muzzy ZE on everything I have, Good Luck, Spott Hogg is a good sight also as metioned above.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Dead Nuts & Alley Cat

I agree with Breeves on the Dead Nuts Pro sight, have a couple and they are awesome. I also use the new Scaredy Cat fall away rest from Copper John, I do very well in every type of tournament and hunting too. This rest is easy to set up, simple and never moves once set. This is a bullet proof and inexpensive (by compairosn) set that willl serve you well.
Best of luck, Hitech

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts