Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone! I'm new to this sight and new to archery. I am getting ready to purchase a diamond infinite edge pro and id like to get some arrows but I'm unsure what I should get. My girlfriend has the same bow and is a 26 draw @50 lbs. she uses the Easton bloodline 480. I have shot her bow several times and I like the arrow but I'm not sure if that's what I need. I am a 24.5 draw length @ 45lbs. I'm open to any kind of arrow. I just want to know what spine to get. I was thinking probably a 500 spine but not sure. I know with some arrows it suggests a 600. I'm going to be using 100 grain wasp queen broadheads. I thank you in advance for your input .

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
My wife shoots easton axis 500 spine with buzzcuts and the weight and broadhead combo is perfect

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with Easton full metal jackets with a 500 spine. ive heard decent reviews. any thoughts on these?

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
500 spine is fine....the FMJ's are good arrow....have fun shooting

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys. I am super excited to get going. Ive been shooting my girlfriend's infinite edge pro and actually do fairly decent considering its too long on draw length for me. It will be interesting to see how well I shoot with one that is set up specifically for me. she shoots the Easton bloodlines but I wanted to try something different. I almost went with the Gold Tip Ted Nugent pink zebra but figured I would hate the pink after a while. :) shockingly not all girls love pink and purple. I could have gotten a bowtech carbon rose for around 500 but I just couldn't deal with the Purple cams. (was ordered at shop for someone else who didn't pick it up so it was discounted)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Whatever arrows you settle on, settle on. Every time you change your arrow weight you'll have to re sight in the bow. Same thing for every time you change the draw weight. MANY good used bows out there reasonable.
Don't skimp on a sight.
If you buy a bow anyplace other than a bow shop, take it to one and have them check it out, set the Draw lenght for you, set the peep, check the timing, etc. etc. That will probably cost you about $25 and well worth it. Have fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i went with easton full metal jackets. So far i love them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts