Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market for some new indoor target arrows. Right now, I'm shooting Fatboys, but I've had a few break on me. I misfired once and hit the plywood holding the target butt. Another time i shot through the butt entirely. Each time, the point got pushed into the shaft, and I had to cut the shaft down to use the arrow again - not ideal for tournaments.

I'm going to order some more arrows. before I order more Fatboys, I'd like opinions on other shafts. I heard X7s are good. Any others I might want to look at?

Thanks,

BTW, I shoot a Mathews Icon set @ 55lbs.
Sure Loc Challenger Sight
Axiom Stabilizer
Easton Fatboy 400 Arrows

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Fat boys ain't bad...but you may wanna take a look at black eagles my wife shoots the challengers and I shoot the magnums for 3 d and they seem to hold up good so far

·
Registered
574 Posts
I shoot Black Eagle Magnums for indoor 3D and Challengers for Outdoor 3D. I have had no problem with durability at all. I also hunt with BEA Carnivores. I haven't used anything else for about 2 years now.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Black Eagles. Not only awesome arrows but awesome customer service as well.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Maybe I'm too old school but I do love my X-7's. I've got some 1916's that I've abused for years and they still go where they're supposed to when I do things right. I've been shooting 2512's now and it was easy getting them to fly well. They're easy to fletch, if you want to cut a couple inches off just fire up the torch and go to it, no worries about burning the carbon. Inserts and tips go in with hot melt and don't pull out and they'll never splinter so no need to flex them. Very little downside for shooting inside with them!

·
Registered
51,134 Posts
The arrows are not your problem and hitting things like has happened to your arrows will destroy any arrow built. So the bottom line if you like the arrows continue to shoot them. Just don't hit solid objects and shoot at better maintained targets.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
I have to agree with Dale. if you're hitting things, other than the bale, arrows are going to break. it won't matter if they are carbon or aluminum, they're going to get damaged eventually.
unfortunately, arrow replacement due to shooter error, is one of the hoops we all have to jump through, as we learn to shoot and then, when we get good, it doesn't necessarily end either. if you shoot groups continually, instead of shooting at 5 separate bulls eyes, you will be busting arrows, more often than when you were learning !.

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
I have shot all brands and sizes for many years and the large diameter Triple XXX Gold Tip arrows are by far the hardest arrow to damage than any out there. They are about like shooting re-bar. In recent years there are a few other companies that sell arrows similar to the design of the Triple XXX, but I would still bet overall, Gold Tip Triple XXX arrows would win the toughness battle. If your asking about accuracy too, just look at what most of the pros shoot if they use carbons...Triple XXX is the leader.

How many times can you shoot the wall with any arrow before it is destroyed....hard to know the answer to that.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Goldtip 22s, most durable arrow I have ever shot they make an awesome 3d arrow. If its for spots go with the Goldtip XXX, I havent shot these but have heard good things

1 - 15 of 15 Posts