Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me here your opinions on the Obsession bow you own. I am thinkin about becoming a Obsession dealer so I have a couple questions for ya guys and gals that own/have owned an Obsession.

1 - What is the best thing and worst thing about your bow?
2 - Is your next bow going to be another Obsession?
3 - Did your bow spec out correctly (A to A, Brace, Draw weight and length)?
4 - Do you trust the person that set-up your bow (cam timing/sycn, tuning) did it correctly?

Thanks for the info in advance. Mike

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Yes to ?'s2,3,4, There's nothing negative whatsoever. my bow's finish is perfect. my nxt bow is either a sniper lt or another k.m.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i feel like there are two distinct sub-groups of archers, one being hunters, and the other i call shooters, neither one is better or worse, right or wrong. hunters are the guys that hunt primarily and dont shoot so much during the off season, shooters are the guys that dont put their bow down and shoot all year, either shooting 3d or some other form of targets. i also feel like there are bows that fit in either catagory very well, typically the hunters like short bows for obvious reasons and shooters generally like a longer bow or at least one that is perhaps more forgiving. i shoot the addiction, it is the best, most forgiving, balanced bow ive shot and is very well suited in the hands of a hunter or shooter. these bows are the real deal, and i really feel like they have put themselves right up there at the top in customer service, warranty, and product! imho they are the bar, these bows are a dream to shoot! as for 2,3, and 4, yes with out a doubt!

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Let me here your opinions on the Obsession bow you own. I am thinkin about becoming a Obsession dealer so I have a couple questions for ya guys and gals that own/have owned an Obsession.

4 - Do you trust the person that set-up your bow (cam timing/sycn, tuning) did it correctly?

Thanks for the info in advance. Mike
1= I honestly can't think of a "worst" thing about my Knightmares...No complaints at all on them...Best things are smooth draw, speed, dead at the shot and crazy quiet
2= Yes
3= Yes bow specs out great
4= Yes, my first Knightmare is a 70lbs model that came from John's Customs so I trust everything he does...My 60lbs came direct from Obsession and was in great shape spec wise out of the box.
Over the years I've owned the largest majority of the bows on the market and I'm very impressed with the Obsession bows.

·
The Buck Drops Here
5,925 Posts
The worst thing about my knightmare is the slight imperfection is finish. As some now I'm extremely picky, but some of the slight dimples are present in the limbs still. However, it's shooting so well I don't want to jack with it.

All my stuff is perfect cause John AKA Breathn hooked me up!

·
shhhh.. slow down
9,426 Posts
The worst thing about my knightmare is the slight imperfection is finish. As some now I'm extremely picky, but some of the slight dimples are present in the limbs still. However, it's shooting so well I don't want to jack with it.

All my stuff is perfect cause John AKA Breathn hooked me up!

Same here on the limbs, hopefully OA makes it right though.

Other than that I odnt havve any complaints. Biniary shouldnt be too hard to set up if you half way know what your doing.

I already want a Sniper LT.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I shoot the knightmare, and I can't find anything wrong with it. Definitely the best bow I've owned!!

·
Registered
14,257 Posts
I have a lethal force from last year. The bow is a flat out shooter and dead quiet. Worst thing about the bow is the grip. They changed the grip this year though....

I will purchase another Obsession

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes

I set the bow up myself...so yes

·
shhhh.. slow down
9,426 Posts
I will add that I prefer the Obsession grip over Elite. The Elite is good size but I always shoved my hand up into the throat too much, Obsession is similar size but at a more vertical angle so my hand doesnt want to push up the grip.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
I will add that I prefer the Obsession grip over Elite. The Elite is good size but I always shoved my hand up into the throat too much, Obsession is similar size but at a more vertical angle so my hand doesnt want to push up the grip.
Me too x1000 ..... I think the Obsession grip is WAY better than the Elite banana grip.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the feedback, sound like I have underestimated these bows. Its not often you get only good feedback on this website.

Is the grip flat on the back (where your palm sits), not rounded. I prefer grips similar to a pse or hoyt. I agree with you J-Daddy, I do not like the Elite grip. Or the rounded Bowtech grip either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts