Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright now i just for some reason cannot seem to hold my bow steady at all and im using a backtension release so im starting to just quickly rotate it, or jerk it real bad, and im getting really bad shots. been trying to contact my coach he hasnt answered yet. im thinking maybe my stab isnt doing its job and here are my bow specs just in case you need them.

Mathews ignition 48 pounds 24 inches, shooting right off the riser with no grip
sword titan sight
truball ultra sweet spot two
12 inch doinker with no disconnect if you need any more info. just post it right here

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
sounds like target panic to me. Wait for your coach to diagnose it. There are ways to fix it but the best advice will come from someone that knows your shooting background.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Stop what your doing right now

Sounds like you are cultivating a bad case of target panic, Go back to your basics and start over . The term Perfect practice couldn't be more right. When you start having troubles and start ripping it or triggering BT release,,,your brain is trying to band aid your problem. Target Panic is the fear of missing. If you cant just rotate your release, chances are you dont have your draw length exactly right. Relax and go back to your basic fundamentals and AIM. Draw and AIM 20 times in a row dont shoot just aim,,,hold your pin on target for 12 seconds,,let down,,,after about 20 times or so of this,,,put it down and walk away. Practice this and get comfortable seeing your pin settle on the target. This will settle your bow and get you relaxed. I doubt your stabilizer is the issue.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i can see what you guys mean its just that im aiming and im doing my back tension but when i do it right, my pin isnt always right there so even if im not consiously trying to i end up just rotateing my release real fast to let the arrow go while my pin is there

·
Registered
254 Posts
:)

Thats called drive by shooting,,,,a sure sign of target panic,,,,plz try what ive said it will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts