Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought a new z7 extreme and I need to start setting it up. Recently I won a gift certificate to Cabelas for $550. Which cabela's sight would you guys recomend?

I have mainly been looking at:

Spot-Hogg Real Deal
G5 Optix XR
HHA DS-5019 Ultra

Let me know what you guys think. Any input is appreciated. This sight will only be used for hunting.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
All 3 are great sights,so you can't go wrong with any of them,personaly I like the HHA but,if you are a beginner I would probably recommend a multi-pin sight,at least till you get a few seasons under your belt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I heard how durable the spot-Hogg sights are, so I planned on buying one. I read in to the HHA and thought the flexibility seemed great. I was at my local shop earlier and they were pushing the G5 sight. It seems liketh G5 sight gives the best of both worlds with three fixed and one adjustable.

·
Registered
23,213 Posts
Look at the Black Gold Sights..Lifetime warranty
I just bought a MBG Rush sight and started shooting it over Labor Day weekend. Great design,ultra bright pins and rock solid. I have an HHA on my target bow, but multiple pins is a good way to go while hunting because there is often limited opportunity to adjust for yardage in the woods.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I loved the quality of my HHA sight, however I wasn't a fan of the single pin slider at all when it came to hunting. The last thing I want to do is worry about adjusting my sight exactly when the big boy walks in :) The less to remember is the less to interfere, for me anyways.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
HHA - American made quality product with superior engineering.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The spott hogg is a great site, just a little pricey. The g5's are nice sights too, and I"m sure you would be happy with it. It really just boils down to how much $ you want to spend. If you've never used a single pin slider before then I might stay away from the hha for now with the season so close. A lot of guys use them, but I'd want to stick with what I know.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
First year trying the HHA Slider for hunting and I LOVE IT! No more fixed pins for me.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Other than the price tag, I am happy with my Spott Hogg Hunter sight. The G5 seems like a very nice sight for the money though. 2 years ago I bought a Z28 with a G5 sight and I was happy with it.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Jeez...that's a hard one they are all good sights...

You have $550 buy them all and keep the one you like best. Sell the others in the classifieds......lol

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
Hey, I just bought a new z7 extreme and I need to start setting it up. Recently I won a gift certificate to Cabelas for $550. Which cabela's sight would you guys recomend?

Spot-Hogg Real Deal
G5 Optix XR
HHA DS-5019 Ultra

Let me know what you guys think. Any input is appreciated. This sight will only be used for hunting.
out of those sights i would pick the hha sight its a very built sight

·
Shaaaaazam!!
7,703 Posts

Spot-Hogg Real Deal
G5 Optix XR
HHA DS-5019 Ultra

I love the options u get with the G5

1 - 20 of 25 Posts