Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok heres the deal--- I've been using a Kellar pendelum sight and all my arrows shot the same. I just changed to a Cobra electra slide sight and upon getting in sighted in ----here are the results.....I have marked the arrows and repeated this several times so I know that it was not me. Out of 5 arrows that shot the same with the old sight------2 are dead on center and touch (the same two everytime)........2 are 3 inches left and 1 inch low and 1 is 6inches left 4 inchs low. this scenario repeats itself with the same arrows everytime. What is Wrong and what did I do by changing sights? Help??????

·
Registered
28 Posts
i do not know what to blame. maybe try moving to a 10 foot mark and tune all over again. or maybe try a new set of arrows. hell put the old sight back on and see what happens. if it`s not you or the way you are shooting then process of elimination is my only suggestion.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Can't see how changing sights would cause this, I do it all the time, no problems.

couple of thoughts:

- did you "smack" any arrows recently?
- any chance they are bent?
- take the ones that don't group and spin the nock to a different vane up/out
- heat the tip and spin it.
- shoot the arrows in a different/random order if you aren't already. It may be you.

Did you do anything besides changing sights?

--Bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
hey. you said that all arrows where hitting the same spot before moving to another sight.

1. did you move the cable gaurd in the process.
2. are all arrows spinning without wobble
3. are you shotting from a tree stand.
4. may have changed the arrow clearance. if its not you then its the equipment just take your time and recheck everything and make sure it is all in very good working order..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys you gave me a couple of ideas. Yes I did have a new put on my bow. I can't see how changing the string or sight would cause some arrows to fly differently either. It don't make any sense, thats why I wanted some ideas. They are carbon arrows but I used them all for hunting last year. I'm going to try some of these ideas, if you think of anything else---let me know.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
a new string put on the bow------sometimes I think faster than I could type

·
Registered
171 Posts
hello again, usually what happens is that it changes your knock point andf it changes your draw weight which in turn changes your stiffness of your arrow if not set to the poundage you where shooting.... hop this helps... glad to try and help a hunter anytime....
NEWBIN

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its your eyes..

Killdog it is your eyes. Are you trying to cheat on the shot?? What I mean is that you may be trying to peak and are not finishing the shot. Watch the target about 2 seconds after the shot and see if this will make a difference. Your old bud....WB

You may let little buddy try and shot you bow and see if it does the same thing.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts