Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

crossbows are archery :)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Strothers 2011 Vanquish 28.5 DL 70 DW. I was to set up for deer hunting. What would a good arrow for this bow. I plain on shooting an arrow of 27.5 inches long with 125 Nap thunderheads.

Koz

Registered
With those draw and bow specs I'd say probably a 400 spine arrow, maybe a 300. I shoot Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250 arrows with 2" Blazer vanes and love them. My DW is only 55# but with the 125 grain tip a 400 should be about right. I tried Victory, Beman, and Carbon Express before going with the CEs. They're faster, penetrate farther, and are much more accurate. Whatever brand you go with double check the numbering system for the spine. A 250 in CE is the same as a 400 in Beman, Easton, and Victory. Gold Tip uses the weight of your draw such as 5575. Hope this helps.

kill'n deer, drink'n beer
whats your budget? check out easton line!! I would say 400 spine!

Registered
Mathews Chill X
I always recommend Gold Tip. The expidition, XT and pros are all great. Pick whatever one fits your budget. They are a great quality arrow, very durable and accurate. Thats all I use. The only thing I recomend is using Easton or bohning nocks. Ive had a couple week GT nocks that have caused me some problems.

Im sure there are a lot of great arrows out there, so do your research. But ya cant go wrong with Gold tips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.