Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
over the last two weeks my bow has been shooting lower and lower I did some walk back tuning found that my nock point was a little off, so I fixed that and my left right was good. Went to shoot spots and I was low again, cam timing was a little off so I fixed that. I went to the bow shop today and they could not get it to paper tune I am getting a left tear of about one inch. Moved the rest all the way to the right and the tear did not change. They think that i am under spined however everything shoot good up till recently. Checked the easton chart and arrows are fine. anyone have any suggestions

09 bowtech captain, 70lbs, 26.5 easton fatboy (400) @354 grains

· Registered
4,627 Posts
When you went to the shop did someone else shoot your bow or did they watch you?
When a bowstarts doing something different when shooting fine and no change in equipment, either something ( a screw) got loose or the shooter has done something different. (assumption is you are shooting carbon arrows not aluminum). check your nock position with a bow square. I always doccument the measurements on my bow so I can quick reference them in case something is amiss, as long as they do not change then the shoter is the issue. If your nock point is off then either your serving is seperating or your string is stretching. Is it a new string?

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they watched and shot, and i am shooting carbon, it is not a new string, its about a year old. they tried a stiffer arrow and it shot fine, but I have shot my arrows for two years with no problem

· Registered
176 Posts
The 09 Captain/Admiral/Sentinel bows will suffer from a left tear because of some roller guard/torque issues. Do a search for TAP (member) on here and check out the many threads about this subject. TAP has a system to fix it if you want. These bows are also REALLY finicky on the grip. They like a high, loose grip with no more than one finger on the front of the grip. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.