Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll apologize in advance for the length of this....

I have a API Cable Cat I bought in 01. I love the stand. Very roomy, very comfortable, not that heavy. Well I thought I probably should replace the cables. Do a search for some new cables and find the stand was recalled in 02. I havent been able to find replacement cables for it. I called the number given in the recall and a lady answers. I tell her Im calling about the recall on the Cable Cats. She informs me that they (still not sure who they is) bought the API name last year. She says they have no information on any stands prior to this year. I called BS numerous times on this. She says they can either give me a coupon for 50 percent off of retail or I can try and take the stand back to where I bought it for a refund. Ya right..... I repeatedly told her " I dont want another flippin stand". First of all 50 percent of retail wouldnt be much, if any under BPS's price. Second, I dont want another stand, not a dang thing wrong with the stand itself. Im pretty PO'ed about the way they are handling the situation. She says they dont have any liability to do anything else. I called BS on that also since they most likely incurred the liability, but no budging on her part. She also informs me that if I would have called a year ago (before whoever she works for bought the API name), I would gotten a new stand for nothing.....

She gave me the dimensions (suppposedly) of the chains they sell now, but it doesnt appear they will fit the stand.

Any ideas where I might find some cables/chains to fit the silly thing? I borrowed a buddys API last year. His chains would fit my stand but were tight. I will measure his and see if they match the dimensions of the new chains, but until then, any ideas on where to get cables/chains, besides API?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found some info and I think Ive got this one figured out.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Exact same problem!

I had the same problem last week. I was shocked to see that the stand that I'd been using for the past 8 years has a safety recall. I'm sure my 150 lb frame is the only thing that kept the cable from issues. My stand is in great shape as well and the 50% offer off list price is not a good option. I also reported it to the safety commission that posted the recall. They are investigating.
Can you let me know what the solution was that you found/

Thanks

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I have a API bowhunter.I don't know if the chain is the same as yours but it is farm implement chain.It can be bought at farm and fleet.If you do a search online it can give you the proper chain size for a replacement chain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the response. The stand I have has the cables style, not the chain. I'm going to try to modify it to use the chain style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts