Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem. I just got a bow from a buddy of mine, and when i went to back out the stablizer from the bow, and while doing so, the screw came out of the stablizer but is stuck in the riser of the bow.... any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ttt

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
put two nuts on and turn the back one. or vise grip.

Bill

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
If you have enough threads you coud put 2 nuts on the threads using the second as a jamb nut. Then yoiu should be able to back the threaded part out using the inner nut. They are 5/16 SAE fine thread I believe.

Marc:darkbeer::):darkbeer:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do i tighted both of them down tight as i can? then turn the one closet to the bow?

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
yes as long as you have enough room for the wrench. i would tighten them as tight as i can. those allen bolt are easy to get a hold of in the store.

Bill

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks A Lot! I am gonna try it now! Keep your fingers crossed lol

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
should come out. sometime you made have to tried tighten it first then back it out. just work it slow at first. good luck.

Bill

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i attempted to do what Fishcatcher said, but the screw has already been stripped and i cant get a nut screwed in on it... any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Stab

Drill a hole in the end and use an easy out on it.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
you don't have to have a tap and die set do you. if so chase new thread on the end and try it. if not then like above poster mention drill and use easy out.

Bill

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i dont have a tap set, but where can ya get an easy out, and how easy is it to use?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts