Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam having some trouble when shooting, When I practicing I dont aim rite, It is like I have to pull my release as fast as possible before I even put my pin on the spot I want to hit. It is driving me nuts and I dont know why I am doing it. Any help would be great. Hunting season is in less than two weeks.
Thanks for toe help.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
I doubt there's a quick fix; but ... I'd say slow it down. Break each and every shot into two phases and try to repeat each phase RELIGIOUSLY. First phase, arrow out of quiver, nock the arrow; set your feet; set your bow hand; draw the bow back slightly above your target spot; check your grip; your level; your anchor; and position your finger on the trigger against the barrel of your release. Try to do this the same in every practice shot. That's just the logistical stuff. This should put you in the proper position to START aiming. NOW ... comes the hard part ... the mental phase. Let gravity help you lower the pin onto the "dot." Concentrate your mind on that dot through your eyes ... nothing else. DO NOT try to hold the pin rock solid ... just concentrate on the dot and let your brain set the release off. DO NOT think about "when" to release (or about anything else on this planet for that matter) ... just think about the spot.

IF ... that helps you ... you are indeed a lucky man. You sound like you have some form of "target panic" ... which can take a great deal of time & effort to overcome.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I am thinking about the release to much and not concentrating on my target. Thanks for the resonse I will try it.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
When you draw your bow and get it into position, keep your finger away from the trigger on the release, then put it on the trigger.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
if u have 2 releases set the pull weight on 1 hi an 1 lo mix them up after every shot then the shot will always be a surprise .thats how i got myself out of the target panick mode an into nock bustin mode hope this helps

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys for the responses. Do you think if I make it alittle harder to release it would help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts