Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am throwing a "Pre-Season Bowhunter's Bash" for all of my bowhunting buddies this Friday. There is going to be like 15 or 16 of us getting together to cook a bunch of deer steaks and burgers over an open fire back at the woods.

We are going to be shooting bows out in a picked wheat field on the edge of the woods. Listening to music chowin' down on some good eats havin' a good ole time.

Then after dark just sittin' around the campfire and shootin' the breeze, tellin' our best bowhuntin' stories, throwin' back a couple cold ones and camping out in tents around the fire.

So, I wanted to put together a CD with 20 or 30 good songs with hunting themes to while we were out there. I will even go for some good ole down home country themes, just something that gets you back to your roots. Some good songs I can think of include:

Pass it On, Tracy Byrd
Fred Bear, Uncle Ted
My Bow and Arrow, Uncle Ted
Backwoods Boy, Josh Turner
Call of the Wild, Chris Ledoux

Amarillo Sky, Jason Aldean
Hicktown, Jason Aldean
Gettin' Down on the Farm, Tim McGraw

etc.

So if any of you guys have some good hunting or just general outdoorsy type songs let me know.

Thanks,

BTG19

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I don't know if it is a real song or not but I like the tune the sing on Gettin Close with Lee & Tiffany about "got a big buck down".

How about "Country can survive" by Hank Williams Jr.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Western Skies
Setting the Woods On Fire
You Just Cant See Him From The Road
Ole Slew Foot
Caballo Diablo

All above by Chris Ledoux

Turdy Point Buck- The Yuppers
and thier other fine outdoor songs.

Sounds like a good time. Wish I could be there for the fun.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Dixieland Delight.... Alabama...... Whitetail buck, munchin on clover
Hair in my eye's like a Highland steer....... Corb Lund Band..... spring in my step like a whitetail deer. This band may be hard to find in your parts but look on Limewire.:darkbeer:
Have a good time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I did the same thing for all my friends the weekend before archery season opened. Called it "BOWNANZA 1". I had everyone bring a potluck dish AND a target (any size, style, shape) to share. It was a real blast. We had a regular "rubber safari" out in the woods. Everyone had a great time and it will now be an annual event. Hope yours goes as well!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey bro I cant wait for this weekend and i have some good songs.
Home-Mark Broussard
Boondocks- little big town
sweet southern comfort- Buddy Jewel
Born Country- Alabama

I got um if you need um.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
After everyone has had a few, you might try playing "John Deere Green".

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
how about, "get a little mud on your tires" and then just play about 15 Skynard songs and you'll be good to go!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
songs

the number one hunting song... Josh Turner "back woods boy"
for those who dont recognize him, he sang "long black train"

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I thought the strippers usually provided their own music...?!

:wink: :darkbeer: :tongue:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts