Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been interested in owning an oneida, but I've always heard negative things. I'm a barebow shooter so the specs have been appealing
So here's the questions-
Aren't they loud?
are they easy to tune/work on?
Press needed?
I have a 31" draw. Would that complicate the set up like some bows?
Speed. Not really into it, but I shoot heavy arrows and I like to get some behind them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I will try to answer some of the questions for you and hope it helps.

Aren't they loud? -- Like any bow, when set up correctly and some dampening devices added they are as quiet as the next bow. Limbsavers on the power limbs under the outboards, some felt on the outboards under the string and catwiskers and a proper tune is all it takes.

are they easy to tune/work on? - Yes they are easy to work on. There are manuals online as well as complete videos from the factory showing you step by step everything you will need to know on how to tune and maintain your Oneida. Tuning and repair is easy even for a novice as long as you have an idea on how to operate a hex key and a screwdriver.

Press needed? - No press is needed for any repair or maintenance.

I have a 31" draw. Would that complicate the set up like some bows? -- Not at all. You would probably be best of with a long draw model. it will easily accomodate your draw length.

Speed - all the speed you need for a good hunting set up is there. And Oneidas love heavy arrows and deliver a big punch with them.

Hope this helps.

JD

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I will try to answer some of the questions for you and hope it helps.

Aren't they loud? -- Like any bow, when set up correctly and some dampening devices added they are as quiet as the next bow. Limbsavers on the power limbs under the outboards, some felt on the outboards under the string and catwiskers and a proper tune is all it takes.

are they easy to tune/work on? - Yes they are easy to work on. There are manuals online as well as complete videos from the factory showing you step by step everything you will need to know on how to tune and maintain your Oneida. Tuning and repair is easy even for a novice as long as you have an idea on how to operate a hex key and a screwdriver.

Press needed? - No press is needed for any repair or maintenance.

I have a 31" draw. Would that complicate the set up like some bows? -- Not at all. You would probably be best of with a long draw model. it will easily accomodate your draw length.

Speed - all the speed you need for a good hunting set up is there. And Oneidas love heavy arrows and deliver a big punch with them.

Hope this helps.

JD
X2 Well put John!

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
Do some more searching...there is a guy here that tunes, modifies, repairs etc Oneida bows.

Speed? They're not the fastest bows but at one time they were. There have been plenty of game taken with their bows over the years and they'll continue to do so.

Wish I had the money to get one...to many other projects/purchases right now.

·
Registered
336 Posts
JRB, are you a righty or lefty?
I'll be in Beebe in a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind you trying out a few of my bows if you shoot lefty.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JRB, are you a righty or lefty?
I'll be in Beebe in a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind you trying out a few of my bows if you shoot lefty.
PM me when you get there anyway. I've never seen one in person. That's the main reason I never made a purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts