Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you shot anything with your Rages?????? I picked up some and wow........thats the best flight I have seen out of a large head.....these heads look awesome and I am only hunting deer but do any of you guys have any input on these heads??????? Anything would be appreciated!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I shot a big doe with them last night. The shot was less than stellar, but the wide cut allowed me to hit the liver pretty good and the broadhead went through and lodged into her back leg. Her leg bone was destroyed like it was shot with a rifle.

The broadhead itself was stuck in the bone and when we pulled it out, a blade snapped and the screw in part came off. The head otherwise was in perfect shape.

I am definetly going to be using these for years to come. :wink:

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I shot a 240lb buck in Wyoming wish I had picks of the entry/exit. It was a 3 blade 100 grain and it got both lungs and sliced the heart. The exit came out and shattered the front leg, then stuck 3 inches in the ground. I love these heads!

·
The pugs keeper
5,958 Posts
three blade

I shot a doe last nite at thirty yards. Hit a little low( i was going for a double lung shot). I got a good slice in the heart, deer still went 100 yards before dying. Still dont have a good opioin. I was using the three blade and it did open all of them. Like anything else alot is shot placement. I didnt have alot of blood but like i said my shot was not that good. I was a very happy camper when i did find her. Entry and exit looked really good though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts