Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a job at a sporting goods store with their archery department the thing is im 16 (lol) but i know bows and archery better than i know my self. Give me a dissembled bow and i could have it put together (properly) in 45 min; and tuned in an hour.
There is only one thing i don't know how to do and thats serve a string.
Would you hire me, or not because of my age? Or is there one of those things saying no one under the age of 18 cant work on bows?

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
I would hire you ina heart beat

Hi I No longer have a retail shop But if I did I would hire you & trian you in a heart beat

TINK NATHAN:cool:

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
not a matter of what you know but what your willing to learn and go to the shop be confident but not arrogant and let them know you are willing to learn and work hard and be yourself. there is no reason for you not to get a job in a pro shop or sporting goods store. good luck to you and i hope you get the job. too bad tink isn't doing the proshop thing he would have you working your buns off i bet lol. the only way to find out if they will bring you in is to go put in an application and let them know about what how much expierence you have in archery and willing to learn
go get them bud
rob k

·
Registered
209 Posts
My son works with me in my bow shop. He is 14. He can do about anything to a bow. He becomes discouraged when adults ignore him. They think they know more than he does. In the past few weeks as the season gets closer he is really getting involved with business. I think the big factor is people are recognizing him and trusting him more. Personally, I would hire a young man if he is willing to learn before an adult. Adults have bad habits that won't change. I can train a young man faster because he is eager to learn and doesn't have the bad habits. No Matter What...DO NOT GIVE UP OR QUIT TRYING. If you are trying to get on in a large chain store the laws might prevent you from doing so. Try a smaller family owned type business. You would probably like it more. GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah i wish Jahna Davis's dad still had his pro shop open! This place im trying to get the job at is the best thing we got. The two guys that work the archery can be idiots at times and one of them sold me this 30 dollar face mask that i cant even use for bowhunting (which is what i bought it for) because its so thick i cant get a good anchor! So maybe i could help the place out.
Yeah thats what i was thinking, Dahayseed, that people dont trust teens that much because of all the ones that get in trouble and are on drugs making the good ones look bad.
TY for the support guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts