Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have began to take note in proper tuning of my arrows, I have some questions. I am shooting a 2006 allegiance and am in the process of getting a true arrow flight. I am shooting gold tip expeditions 75/95 as I have a 27" dl. I know the arrows are underspined but I can not help it as I increase my poundage 2 weeks before season. Should I keep the lower poundage and get correct spined arrows? I will be comfortable either way. Now that arrows are out of the equation, how should I go about obtaining my centershot.. Should I paper tune, bareshaft tune, walk back tune??? Either way If my spine isnt correct will it be stupid to try to obtain my centershot in the first place until I increase poundage or decrease spine?? uhh.....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've read up and as of right now I'm going to get a dozen weaker spine shafts that are properly spined to build my tuning off of. Then I will plan on correcting my tiller, placing my nock height at proper rest height, adjusting my rest to its approximate center shot, and then walk back tune from there... Anyone want to give me a green light on this idea?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My draw weight is 62 pounds. Arrows tip is 100 grains and the arrow is 26 5/8" from back of the SHAFT to the front of the Shaft, nock and insert not included. WITH nock, shaft, and insert, the length is 27 1/8" front throat of nock to end of insert.

·
(aka lug nut)
48,345 Posts
thats what I thought and was seeing. Will adding a 125 grain tip instead of a 100 grain tip help enough?
You would need a 250 grain broadhead,
to make the GoldTip Expedition 7595 shafts to work with your 62 lb draw weight bow.

With 125 grain broadheads,
you would need to bump up the draw weight to 78 lbs,
when using your current Expedition 7595 shafts.

So,

try 125 grain broadheads...field points,
AND
drop down one size,
to the Expedition 5575 arrow shafts,
same length as your current shafts.

62 lbs will work very nicely
with the GoldTip 5575 shafts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Nuts an Bolts. Just a bummer the shop set me up with the shafts... Well, atleast I can sell some of em in the classifieds...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts