Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night at 4:30 I shot a nice 9 or 10 point. When I was trying to stop him he turned his head and neck slightly towards me, when I released my arrow the deer spun towards me and the arrow hit him in the neck about mid ways up and just in front of the chest. The arrow was angling in towards the chest. I knew it wasn't the best hit and got down and went home. Came back at 6:30 found blood and my arrow. The arrow had blood on about the first 10 inches. Followed blood trail for about 200 yards and found where deer bedded down. After that only found 2 little specs of blood that were really thick kind of like a blood clot or something. Blood was just red no bubbles or anything else in it. Do you think that the deer ran off and died or he will live to see another day? I had to be at work early today so I did not get to go look this morning, but I am going to go out tonight and search the cedar thicket he was heading towards. I feel really bad about all of this and just don't know what to do.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts