Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase a new hunting sight and I have narrowed it down to 3 sights, The Sword "Apex", The Viper, and the Extreme archery RT900. Which one do you all recommend?

·
Registered
434 Posts
I just got the Extreme RT900 for my hunting rig and like it very much. It's bright, easy to adjust and seems very solid. My G5 peep in 3/16" frames it very nicely...as for the others sights, I can't comment on them.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I would go with a Spot-hogg Hunter 5 or 7 pin. It is the best sight out there. You can a light or longer fibers for it. I like the std fibers with a light.:)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys,
Keep them coming.

·
Registered
575 Posts
RT-900 This sight is unbelievably bright.I compared it to every sight
gander mt. had on hand in the store nothing else came close.The
way the light is mounted is genius shines on the fiber optics not the
pins which means no glare but the light is really not needed.

·
registered archer
3,250 Posts
take a look at the cobra sidewinder

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
sword

but the only colors that seem any good IMO, are the orange and green. the red they have, as i have tested at .010,.019 and the .029 sizes doesn't seem to get all that bright unless your using the .029 pin for it.( and that pin is huge) but they do have very bright pin in the other colors plus you get the black light mounted directly to the pin mount section and this also shines right down on the fibers not the pins. i've used the same sight for the last 8 years and when we first got these in and put it through the testing phase i do to them, this thing stood up and was sturdy as h*ll. so i just put the Twilight hunter on mine mounted with all .019 pins.

speed

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What are the sword sights going for?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
you got a pm......

speed

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Sword

I love my Sword Apex Twilight Hunter with .019 pins. They come with a light, but even without light during low light, it is much brighter than the Spot Hogg sights I've used. Advertise in the want to buy section and you'll get one shipped for 70.00. Great solid sight, you won't regret.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Don't buy a Spot Hogg. Just sent one back. I could not believe how dull the pins were. Really, what is the point of paying big dollars for a sight (a well-built sight I will readily admit) only to have to buy a light or longer fibers to go on it. It literally had the poorest pins I have seen on a sight in ten years.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I've got the Extreme RT900 and I absolutely love it.... a solid, well built sight, that is super super bright. I wouldn't put anything eelse on my bow

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have the RT900 on my Switchback XT as does my brother and dad...this sight is BRIGHT, strong, and looks great!! The only thing they need improvement on is the microadjustment aspect.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Bought the RT900 to go on my BowTech...Its a great sight, very bright and you can buy the light to make it brighter. Ive been shooting at first light the past few days to get ready for the season and it shines..Its also rock solid and easy to adjust..Thats my opinion

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Spot-Hogg

kraiza said:
I would go with a Spot-hogg Hunter 5 or 7 pin. It is the best sight out there. You can a light or longer fibers for it. I like the std fibers with a light.:)
I agree with kraiza,although I'm not that familiar with the other sights I can tell you I don't think it get much better than a Spot-Hogg.They are great sights.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I use the Extreme with the .019 pins, the sight is excellent, worth every dollar.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts