Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hoyt Vortec that I am having some trouble with. Its likely my knowledge level that's keeping me from getting it right.

Here's the deal. I am dead on at 20 yards..can put together very tight groupings. However in doing this my vertical pins are all lined up about 1 CM left of the arrow and bow string. When I move out to 30 yards my shot is about 6 inches right.

I have paper tuned the bow at 10 yards to have no tear. I have not done paper tuning back farther then that.

My bow timing seems to be good but I just cant seem to get the bow to shoot straight all the way out. I have a drop away rest. I have the right arrows for the poundage I am shooting.

I feel like I am very close to having it dead nuts at all the distances but dont cant seem to get it there with the changes I am making. Each time I change my rest position left or right I seem to stuff up the tear on the paper tuning.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Try a couple of shots at 10 yds and see if they hit a little left of the target. If so then move your rest to the left 1/32 inch and see what happens.I may be wrong but most paper tune at 10 feet to get the rest close to centershot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Canting the bow may be a factor. If there's no bubble on your sight, it's easy to have some cant at full draw and not realize it. The pins make a vertical line, so the only way they will work for windage at all distances is of you hold the bow vertical...thus the need for the bubble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts