Archery Talk Forum banner

Needing Some Help with Lancaster Archery...

4120 32
Okay so two months ago on July 2nd I placed an order at Lancaster Archery. I ordered a Samick Sage recurve bow with 40# limbs, as well as various other things to get me into traditional archery. I have always loved archery but just got the chance to get into this summer. I really want to ultimately hunt once I get accurate enough. Anyway, that being said...

I have received everything in the mail from Lancaster EXCEPT the limbs. I understand that sometimes when there is a high demand for items (thanks to American pop culture...Hunger Games *cough cough*) that they have to be back ordered. I was okay with that. At the time the limbs were scheduled to ship July 9th. It is now August 27th. The date for shipment keeps getting pushed further and further back. Now it is scheduled for September 10th but I doubt that date will happen either. I have called every time the date changes to see what the problem is but they either tell me it's a problem with customs or they tell me it's the manufacturer not being able to keep up with the demand. I should be deer hunting by now with my new bow, not waiting for it to come in the mail. The company makes no effort to even contact me about the date being moved. Do any of you have any advice of how I can speed this process up? Thanks for the help!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· >>--------->
1,466 Posts
I'd either:

A) get In stock limbs
B) get limbs from someone else
C) figure out if other limbs will work (Polaris?)
D) look in the classifieds for limbs
E) return the riser and get something else

Call them and work something out, they have a pretty good rep as far as customer service is concerned (and don't order anything on back order unless that's your only option)

· Registered
4,792 Posts
You think you've got problems? How about them? Nothing could be worse than a retailer not being able to get merchandise to SELL. Doesn't make for happy customers nor help with making payroll, and bills, huh?

· Registered
1,016 Posts
Unfortunately the Samick limbs have been backordered for a long time now from most dealers. The issue is with Samick not LAS. I wanted 35# but just couldn't wait so have started shooting 45# which came with the bow.

In your situation I would return the riser and get an Omega bow from Kegan on here made to order for your size and draw weight and for not that much extra cash

· Registered
4,792 Posts
So is this normal?
Seems to be all too common in "this" economy. No one can afford to keep a lot of inventory; the manufacturer can't get inventory either, so it goes round and round.

Things I used to get in two weeks are now taking eight to twelve weeks, and sometimes longer.

· Registered
1 Posts
I was waiting for limbs for a few months also and finally switched to the Samick Red Stag because it was in stock. It's really not their fault but can be frustrating. I don't have any regrets. I love the bow and the price difference wasn't much.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
I'd have faith tat the guys and girls at Lancaster will take care of you to the best of their ability . I have had nothing but great service from them , even when stuff is out of stock they go out of their way to make it right .

· Registered
626 Posts
I waited one YEAR for a long bow from a retailer, not the maker. They strung me along week by week, month by month. I did get my money back, which surprised me. Now I'm waiting on two long bows direct from a maker, a couple of "u-finish" specials. And I'm waiting again, and waiting, and still waiting. I try not to think about it.

· Registered
426 Posts
As stated pay a little more and get the Red Stag, I have shot both the Stag is a real nice bow around $200! I imagine that being that all Samick products are imported they may be having issues with getting them into the states with quotas and the like! Unless you really want a takedown recurve the Omega is a great option hybrid Reflex/Deflex longbow that shoots a lot like a recurve! Kegan builds a great bow!

· Archery curmudgeon
2,788 Posts
Go to the for sale forums here or on any one of the other archery forums and buy a used bow in the meantime. You'll have your bow in days and wind up with two bows which isn't a bad thing either. Keep both or sell one. Problem solved.

· Registered
285 Posts
I went though the same thing with samick & LAS, very upseting for sure, BUT......LAS I think do every thing they can, but they have no control over samick shipping dates, they get a date from samick, but samick misses the date.....It would be better if LAS did not post those dates on there website, I have found those dates on samick stuff usually don't happen, I think there would be alot less hurt feelings if they did not post those dates. I do know that backorders are filled 1st, & I feel they bend over backwards to help, but they can't ship what they don't have.
Now has for the samick sage limbs, I've been able to get 3 sets 35, 40, & 45 lbs, on ebay from samick dealers, you have to check almost everyday, as a dealer will list 10 sets & they go very fast, if you don't order them the day you see them, they will be gone the next day, the last set I got were 40 lbs'er for my daughter about 3 or 4 weeks ago, ordered on a friday at my door on a monday. Don't know how they get them & LAS can't but that the way it seems to be, don't really care just wanted the limbs.

· Registered
643 Posts
I don't mean to throw a wrench into this, but two things:

When at LAS.....Samick gives a ship/delivery date....items get held up in customs, or they have a problem, and must delay shipment, hence the delivery date changes....if they did not post an expected date..they would be called or bombarded or ctiticized for not having one....NOBODY wins in this matter...when you order an item...until all items ship, your credit card does not get charged...which means LAS does not get paid either....but they paid for the limbs and items ahead of time....so nobody wants items shipped more than they do.....

Second, I tend to agree with Marc.....and wonder why nobody else noticed....you decided this summer to get into traditional archery, placed an order on July 2, and it is now August 27th and you should be HUNTING????? In my calculation, even if you got everything by July 6th, that would have given you a mere 57 days to learn to shoot a new bow, get arrows set up, broadheads purchased and tuned, and be proficient enough to already be hunting???/ You do not mention if you have another trad bow or any bow to get experience with...but your post appears to me to say you always liked archery, and just finally decided to give it a try in July, and plan to hunt in August? This was your first post here...which leads me to question either your intentions or your prudence in this matter.....something just does not seem right.....I personally feel that very few if any people could get a recurve, and with no experience be ready to hunt in less than two months....sorry, but this sets off all sorts of alarms in my head....

And GEREP is correct..the only people who can resolve the limb dilemna is John or Rob at LAS...they have email addresses and phone numbers.....unless they post here...you will only get opinions and conjecture.....

As far as other vendors having samick products...that may be...but i do believe LAS has the sole rights to dealing and distributing Samick product in North America.....so I think everything goes through them.....one way or another.....

Lee

· Registered
285 Posts
fotoguy, I understand & agree, I to thought samick products come though LAS, but somehow other dealer seem to get product sometimes before them, maybe larger wholesale order must be filled 1st, I really don't know the reason.
And yes I understand the reason they post dates, & why there not always met, I problem I have with the dates, is I'am just a small customer, under a $1000.00 a year, I'am not rich, & try to keep my orders over that, what I think is the $200 or $300 dollar mark for the free shipping, so when I'am combining items to get free shipping, & I see a set of limbs on ebay, but LAS website states they will have them in 4 weeks I'll wait & order from them, then the date keeps getting move back, then the other ones are not sold out to at the other place, I tend to walk around kicking myself in the backside for trying to save a buck, ya it's my bad, but that's the only reason why I don't like the dates, but hey, it is what it is, other then the dates like I said I think LAS takes care of me very well, last spring I had a problem with some items, & to say they were great in taking care of it, would be a understatment, they did way more then they needed to for sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.