Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just leased 210 acres in gurnsey county ohio today. Im new to this of ohio i have hunted and killed some big bucks in harrison but im new to gurnsey county??? Is it a very good place to hunt have you had any luck in this county??? It borders tuscawarsa county as well thanks for any info

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Hi i just leased 210 acres in gurnsey county ohio today. Im new to this of ohio i have hunted and killed some big bucks in harrison but im new to gurnsey county??? Is it a very good place to hunt have you had any luck in this county??? It borders tuscawarsa county as well thanks for any info
can't think of why it would not be good.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Wow

I am actually from Guernsey County,
Born and Raised in Cambridge.

Lived there for 25 years. My Family has hunted for years on the family farm.

What a small world.

Now, where in Guernsey is your land?

You know Ohio is one of those little known secrets as one of the best hunting spots in the country.

You should have some very large Bucks around. Much bigger than those I see here in Virginia.

anyway... let me know how I can help.

Marcy

·
Registered
10,111 Posts
Very Funny

Not sure I would admit that on a public forum. :teeth:

Guy said he was in the norther part of the county.
Why, has the county gone to HE** since I left?

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Im in Southern Ohio on a 250 acre farm. 3 Weeks ago this was doe city. 2 weeks ago the bucks started to show some interest. This week the Monster Bucks are starting to move in. Yesterday I seen 7 bucks in one 2 hr hunt. 1 was an 11 point high racked. Im waiting on the Big boys.. We have 2 that are a good 250+ score.

Good luck where ever you are.. When I was 15 yrs of age I shot my first deer. Muskingum OH and it scored 186

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have 120 acres in Guernsey/ Belmont county. Hunt there quite a bit and depending on where you are in guernsey it should be very promising. Good luck keeping everyone else out though. Your best bet is to let a few neighbors hunt and keep an eye on things. There's alot of thieves around there. Had our cabin broken into numerous times..

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Guernsey and Noble counties is where my land is, so I'm on the opposite end of the county from you. In a word, "yes", it's good. Very good. Arguably one of, if not the best county in the Great State of Ohio. Hope you didn't pay too much to lease. Most people in these parts let you hunt their land just by asking. :mg:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts