Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you shoot your bow with one hand and your rifle with the other?I shoot my bow LH and my rifle RH.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excuse me dominant

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then why do I shoot the way I do?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Na. That would only be if he shot his spear gun using both eyes.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
There was a thread on here where one guy was like this but he was also cross dominate couldn't use a peep cause of it i can hold a gun steadier with my LH but im a righty and like to try new things lol

·
Registered
204 Posts
Dominite??? Dominate??? Dominant??

Dominant!!! Dynomite???

·
Registered
796 Posts
Only one eye can be dominite
Not true. A small percentage of people have eyes that are equally dominant. Mine are that way and I shoot gun left hand and bow right. Initially I have to slightly squint one eye in order to get the other to take over focus. Once that eye picks up I can open the other. It took lots of time and practice to be able to do it but it has been worth while. Now I can shoot either bow or rifle with either hand.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I shoot a (right handed gun) left handed and a right handed bow right handed. Things work out just fine for me. Have a few pics to prove it....

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's called ambiocular. It's not that both eyes are dominant but rather the eyes show no dominance relative to each other. The military has several published articles and research studies on this for rifle marksman. I've researched this because I have the same trait. It's why I shoot bows, rifles, pistols however I want depending on the circumstance and the angle in a tree stand. I'm also ambidextrous so maybe that plays a part as well.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Yeah im the same, but I have to squint which ever eye im not using, in saying thaty left eye has the better clarity

·
Distance hole puncher
1,978 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I have tried the different tests for eye dominance and they all show right eye but when I shot my bow I do need to squint my left to get everything to work well. I am thinking I might be right eye dominate but just barely.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
I'm rh but left eye dominant, do everything rh except shooting bow. Shoot handgun centered and shotgun with left eye closed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts