Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at rubber boots, and I'm seeing that many of them now have neoprene uppers. I'm thinking the neoprene will not be scent-free. Am I right or wrong?

·
Waiting on Season
14,910 Posts
they work just fine i have the lacross alpha lites and they are neoprene uppers and deer have walked where i have walked and not smelled me same as with my all rubber alpha burlys

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
My muck woodys seem to be getting it done....very comfortable too I might add!!

·
Livin' in a van....
8,504 Posts
my lacrosse alpha lites work like a dream. I can smell them though when the sun hits the rubber for too long.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The reason I ask is because I'm also looking at a pair of Irish Setters that aren't rubber. The only reason I'd consider going with rubber boots is to be scent free because I think regular boots would be more comfortable. If the neoprene holds scent, it kind of defeats the purpose imo.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I can't imagine any kind of boots making much of a difference in the whole "scent free" game. Mythbusters sealed themselves into an entire RUBBER SUITE. Completely sealed up. Even had a respirator on. Dog still found them no problem. I doubt 2ft of rubber below your knees is going to do much at all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
Neoprene IS rubber. I like the muck Woody Elite. Some kind of scent mask crap built in. Run about 1/2 size too big in my opinion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.