Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never...EVER..make the mistake like me of buying a bow and not shooting it. Two years ago I bought a hoyt dynatec and had it ordered for me because they didnt have any in the shop. The guy sugested shooting the ultramag just incase id rather go with that but the idiot I am said no I want a better riser not the magnesium. Well today at a show I was given the chance to shoot an ultra mag and wow..that bow was quiet as can be. See Ive been having problems with noise on my bow and I have soo much noise eliminating products on there its not funny but its still the same metalic twaaaang noise. Ive now shot two bows with the xt2000 limbs and both are more forgiving and way more quiet than mine. Now I honestly regret not taking that shot back two years ago and the sad part is I didnt want to spend more than 500 on my bow and that bow was less expensive than the one I bought and now im bummen. BUT im buying a new one as soon as hoyt gets that new lineup out and this time I WILL shoot the bow before I buy it.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
Yees good deralers let you try before you buy You would not marry a girl you never "dated" would you?

·
Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,268 Posts
That ultra Mag is a real decent bow. I bought one for my 13 yoa daughter, 40-50# limbs. With her short 24" draw and the bow set at 38#, it shoots her GT Pro Hunters at 190 fps. and I can't believe how quiet it is. No noise at all and no vibration. How can you beat that?? It should last her for several years. And I know it can only shoot better once I can pump up the poundage a bit and lengthen the draw as she grows.

·
Relocated Cajun
10,981 Posts
Africanbowhunter said:
Yees good deralers let you try before you buy You would not marry a girl you never "dated" would you?

I dated a girl for over 3.5 years...married her, she left me 14 months later

I have bought around 15 bows.....never shot one befoe I bought.....one I can say I would not have bought had I shot enough but it would have taken more than a few shots in the proshop to find that out :tongue:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts