Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 bow madness XL / 29 inch draw-60 pounds- easten fat boy shaft400 / 320 grains weight! I can not paper toon this bow I have moved the knoc point up / doun - to the left/ to the right it keeps roping the paper to the left! Has any Boudy els have this problem????????????

·
<---Ride the Lightning
2,031 Posts
Check your idler wheel for any lean at full draw.
This can make tuning a nightmare

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
My buddy had a axe 6 he couldn't tune it at all either. No matter what it tore to the left.. Even if he moved his rest.. No matter what that baby wouldn't tune IDK.. I just recieved a bm xl I will tune it tomorrow.. Keep you posted.. Waiting for strings and cabs..

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2010 bow madness won't toon!

Check your idler wheel for any lean at full draw.
This can make tuning a nightmare
Thanks for replying I check all of that on a hooter shooter & all so mike it out with another bow it's the same and still we used a diffrent arowe same thing so now looking at the rest ( spot hogg inphenaty) if the spring has the problem changing it from 10 to a 8 other than putting a new rest on it!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bow madness

My buddy had a axe 6 he couldn't tune it at all either. No matter what it tore to the left.. Even if he moved his rest.. No matter what that baby wouldn't tune IDK.. I just recieved a bm xl I will tune it tomorrow.. Keep you posted.. Waiting for strings and cabs..
Yea please let me know! Thanks

·
Banned
921 Posts
Bm xl

Here is the scoop brother for some reason some of these bows have an alignment problem with the limb pockets.

Take a striaght ege and place it against the riser and lay it on the limb and notice if the edge of the limb lines up with the striaght edge. I think you will find that it does not. Now bare in mind the factory has an acceptable tolerance that they think will work but we all know that these acceptable tolerances do not work in the real world. Is a matter of fact when they do their R&D the bows come out perfect then the cheap way of assembly finds it way out on the factory floor and the quality department is convinced by manufacturing that this issue is tolerable. Look at the new Hoyt Contender the way that limb pocket is designed for that bow; now that is real craftmanship. They made sure that there wasn't going to be any weakness in their design.

Check each side and get help getting a measurement if the measurement is 1/16 or more that is where the problem is. On one of my buddies it was as much as .08 on the top limbs and .09 on the bottom, according to him.

Now how do you fix it so the bow will toon through paper. Paper is not the final answer but I am sure you tried taking the shaft and cutting it long with different point wieghts and fletching to see if you could get a different tare or shorting the shafts and trying the same thing. I would exhaust every avenue before taking any drastic steps as I have. So there are two ways to go about this my friend; the first would be to contact PSE technical and make them aware of your issue or grinding the slot on one side where the limb bolt goes through and shimming it over half of the amount that you measured. Example would be if the limb is 1/8 diference from side to side then you would only grind a 1/16 off of one side and then shim it using a piece of an arrow shaft that will fit over the limb bolt and the wall is thick enough to make up for the offset. Now understand that this method will only allow you to do this type of change with the limbs cranked all the way down if you back them off the shim will slip out of place and you are back to square one. I did this to my Vendetta and wish that I had not. Now I will have to get new limb pockets if I want to sell the bow. I would not recomend this alteration but is a way of semi curing the bad paper toon. By the way it only changed mine to where I could tolerate the bad rip.

I know that this sounds like a big hassel but it works to an extant if are not afraid to alter the bow. My advise would be to call PSE and get a answer from them on what to do about the tooning issue they may have a better fix. They may even take the bow back and fix it for you. The idea of having a piece of plastc as a limb seperator tweeks me to no end. The set-up is weak and that is where the problem is. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bow madness

Thanks! I am not afraid of doing this but I am like u it would kill me knowing it was like that,plus shooting at a range! I am calling pse today ! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2010 bow madness will toon!!!!!!!!!!

Ok! I got the madness tooned after four days and I fill stupid what I had to do! I had to change the blade on my rest from a .10 to a .08 fist shot almost perfect had to adjust to left a touch second shot perfect! I gess thaught to much in to this instead of useing comend sents! Thanks for all the imput!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
IAM glade thate you got it figered out?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
When in Rome? Thats funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. Thats funny..

·
Banned
2,108 Posts
i've had way too many experiences with them and other bows for that matter with the same problem. if you run into that problem again and it wont tune no matter what then i suggest you play around with the yoke system put in twist and or take twist out in the yoke and i promise it will work

1 - 14 of 14 Posts