Archery Talk Forum banner

New 3d Archery range coming soon to SE Ohio!!

1897 Views 30 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  tuffshot
We are clearing lanes and starting to set targets. We would had it done if this weather would give us a break from the rain!! It will be a 30 target set on 300 acres uphill downhill and field shots. It will be similiar to the Nelsonville set that is our goal. We have 50 makenzie targets so we will keep them fresh and challenging! I will keep everyone interested udated we are going to try to have a shoot in a couple weeks!

Thank you Appalacian Outdoors
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,118 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait. I'll make sure to take a trip down from Steubenville to check it out.

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Jackson county right outside wellston. We worked on it tonight for a bit we have things shaping up! Cant wait to get this thing going!

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha no we wont be having 10 acres between targets!! we are settin 15 targets on about 30 and the other 15 on 30. What do most people want? Should we set a full 30 with no break or should we have 15 and meet back at the cabins for a snack, and then hit the other half? Just some ideas because we have plenty of room to set up whatever we want?

· Registered
390 Posts
i believe a course with a break after 15 targets always works good. Alot of clubs spilt it up so they can have concessions at the half way point. way to make a little extra money.

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well awesome day for setting targets and clearing shooting lanes we got the range set!!! We have a little more clearing to do but all 30 mckenzie's are set. Headed to the indoor world this weekend so we wont get much done. We are goin to finish up next weekend and set the flags. We are goin to try to have a shoot April 2! hope to see you all there!!

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update!! course is set!! All flags set now only thing left is to round up some practice butts!! April 2nd guys hope to see you all there!!

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Need to get us some directions out there.
Where are you coming from?? I can give directions or post the address whatever is easiest for you! Its really easy to find no back roads its off state route 327 1 mile north east of wellston on the right! 11836 St. Rt. 327 Wellston Oh. 45692

· Registered
849 Posts
What dates?? Ill be coming in from missouri to visit family in wilkesville a few times this summer and fall. I'd like to check it out.

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes just the 2nd and sign up is 9 am. We will be making a schedule of upcoming shoots we will keep it posted on here and 3d shoots

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.