Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna order some new ACCs from speedcam at the begining of Oct. and have a few questions. I had ACCs for awhile and forgot what I had. I shoot 29" at 60# w/ a NAP 3000 Micro. What length and size should I get? I plan on going up to 65# soon.

Greg

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
You'd be smart not to ask what length to get...You might really get some bad advice. Have your shop measure you, or do it with the help of a friend by marking an arrow you already have, and then measuring it from the throat of the nock to the cut end of the arrow.

I have had excellent luck with my 3-49 ACC's at about 68#, 29-3/8" shaft (as I recall), and with very light nibb points (maybe 70 grain). If you shot a shorter shaft than me, heavier points would be in order.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Yeah...

I would say 3-49's as well and for the length thing, it depends on your set-up...I am guessing you'll be in the 28 to 29 inch range...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.:thumbs_up My current arrows are 28" so I guess I'll stick w/ that length.

Greg

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Just be sure to use hot melt adhesive on your points (unless you use inserts and screw-in points) so you can play with different weights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts