Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about everyone elese but I miss my old Hoyt Vantage Pro with Medallion limbs and Pro wheels. This was back in the early 80s and I dont think Ive shot anything more accurate since. Things like feedback and rollover are frogoten terms today. Ive had a total of 4 Mathews Apexs and that is about as close as I can get. I once shot 7 300s 60xs in a row with that bow........................

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
The new Vantage LTD is the reincarnation of that oldie. With updated wheels containing bearings and everything. About 45" ATA and a huge brace to go with it, but better balance, slightly lighter weight, stiffer riser and higher efficiency. Maybe you should look into one.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new Vantage LTD is the reincarnation of that oldie. With updated wheels containing bearings and everything. About 45" ATA and a huge brace to go with it, but better balance, slightly lighter weight, stiffer riser and higher efficiency. Maybe you should look into one.
That bow is built with a finger shooter in mind and the ATA is shorter and the brace is shorter and the limbs are more laid back and its deffently not as deflex as my old bow. And that DEFLEX is what I think matters more than anything, it was about 2" on that bow...............

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
To be fair, there isn't much reason for wheels and long length like that besides designing it for finger shooters. But I'll bet it shoots as well as the older version, even if you used a release. Try one out, you'd probably be surprised. Those engineers in SLC really know their stuff and changed it to what it is for a reason. But I do agree that the old Vantages were great shooters. So were the Superstars after they went to machined risers.

·
Shooter of flesh
7,661 Posts
Just past your prime???

J/K!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts