Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking hard for months for a new AM 35 and today I found her waiting for me at the Sportsmans Expo in Salt Lake City. 60-70 30in Black riser with camo limbs. Lots of $$$ for a poor old man like me. I hope its going to be worth every penny. I have not had a new bow in nine years. How about some ideas as to how to set her up. IE, sights, rests and stablizer Things like that. This will be my all around bow. Thanks:beer:

· Registered
1,927 Posts
The Alphamax in MY opinion was the best bow released in 09 And the Bow is woth the price. As for add ons I would go with a QAD drop away for sure .. and as for other things see what kinda seection your dealer has and make a decision

· Registered
29 Posts
If your 35 is anything like my 32 you are going to be soooo happy! Just got mine on Tuesday and am totaly impressed with how well it holds steady and is easy to aim, very, very impressive.
Am shooting a Vapor Trails Limbdriver rest which was extremely eay to set up. I paper tuned today and it only took 2 small rest adjustments to get bullet holes at 5 and 10 yards. This was one of the easiest bows I have ever tuned! Also am using an HHA 5519 sight for 3-D and a Copper Johns Deadnuts 2 for hunting next fall.

· Registered
324 Posts
I think you'll love that bow, I'm wanting one myself but just bought a katera this fall right before the alphamax was released.
As far as acces. I'd recommend: limb driver rest, sword sights, B Stinger Stab, Proline Strings.
Good luck and enjoy!!!

· Registered
8,628 Posts
I love my 32. I would look at a LimbDriver Pro rest and a Posten stabilizer. The sights, I like Spot Hogg and the new Axcel Aromortech sights.

· Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

I setup mine with a Trophy taker Pronghorn drop away rest Sword Accu sight 5 pin also with winners choice custom strings and cables material 8125 and it has a custom made off set for the stabilizre I have two differnt fuse stabs. that I am useing. I will be buying a QAD Pro drop away rest to try it every one I talk to loves them on there Hoyt Bows. Go to www.Sword sights.com Hard to beat sight they make the best there is. Good luck on setting up your put pics on when you are done. :shade::shade:

· Registered
6,497 Posts
a1hoyt.ca

I just found one of my post with pics of my Alpaha Max set up itis on the first page right now if you want to take look it has a sad avitar on it but it is about what some one said and did. not about the sight. Sight is great. puchen holes at 80 yds yesterday sweet. :shade::shade:

· Registered
7,583 Posts
I would recomment a sword sigte for sure. Fuse accessories like a two piece quiver is also a must. Enjoy!

· Registered
459 Posts
I have been looking hard for months for a new AM 35 and today I found her waiting for me at the Sportsmans Expo in Salt Lake City. 60-70 30in Black riser with camo limbs. Lots of $$$ for a poor old man like me. I hope its going to be worth every penny. I have not had a new bow in nine years. How about some ideas as to how to set her up. IE, sights, rests and stablizer Things like that. This will be my all around bow. Thanks:beer:
I hate that bow!! Because after I shot one I had to buy it. I bought the same bow as you. Black riser and camo limbs.
I put on Spot Hogg sights with a wrap and a Limb Driver rest on mine and my arrows haven't been the same since. Busted nocks every where. Haven’t decided on a quiver yet!

· Tooth, Fang, Claw
6,284 Posts
I just brought home a AM35 yesterday and set it up last night. Hogg-It wrapped 5/.19 sight w/small pin guard, 10" Posten Woodsman 1 w/camo insert stab , 1/4" Meta peep, QAD Ultra HD rest. 1st, 2nd, 3rd shots thru paper were perfect. Set up my 20 yd pin then walked it back to 60 yds. It is a sweet shooting.drawing, accurated bow. You will not be disappointed! Nice choice! Congrats. :darkbeer:

· Registered
2,005 Posts
Stabilizer: Posten or B-stinger (12 inch)

Sight: Spot Hogg, Octane(wont be out for a few more weeks), or Sure-loc Lethal Weapon

Rest: Vaportrail Limbdriver(now available in full containment)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.