Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, it's been years since I've picked up a bow! I dabbled in archery about 15 years ago when I was a teenager but I never really knew much about the gear... just pull back the string and shoot. But now I'm thinking about getting back into it with the ultimate goal being to go turkey and deer hunting. I've been doing a ton of internet research and I feel like I know what I want to buy. My question is... how bad would it be to decide on a bow without shooting it first? My issue is that the bow I'm really interested in, the Obsession Evolution, is not stocked at my local (or any reasonably close) dealer so I can't test it out first. The reviews of the bow that I've read so far are overwhelmingly positive and it sounds like it would be a good place to start. I am open to other bow suggestions, though: this dealer stocks Mission, Mathews, and Hoyt mostly. I don't particularly want to buy an entry level/price point bow because I figure I'll outgrow it and want something new in the near future... buy cheap, buy twice!

I'm also looking at a No Limit Ringer release, anyone have experience with that? I never used a release as a kid so I don't know what to expect.

Thanks!
Joe

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I would personally not buy a new bow without shooting it first. A lot of things are subjective......one guy hates it and one guy loves it! Just be careful and make sure you get what fits You!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I agree. You have to let the bow pick you, not the other way around. Some just feel "right", and they may not be the bow you were thinking would.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts